Table of Contents
Standard standard repairs when in the bathroom the tile kept within, and in rooms – floorboard consign to the past. Now all want to give to housing identity and therefore all original decisions are in the increased demand. Gradually to the peak of popularity there are bulk 3D floors – space approach to registration of the plane.
3D floors: features and advantages
The bulk floors created on 3D technology are volume images, fantasy drawings and ornaments on floor. That is all space under legs represents “live” picture or imitation of volume relief.
Depending on what will prompt imagination of the master during creation of the drawing on floors it is possible to see the stony beach, blue water of lagoon, the live underwater world, green grass. Also abstract ornaments and original patterns are not excluded. Practically any esthetic whim can be realized in polymeric layer of bulk 3D floor.
Except high uniqueness of the drawing it is possible to carry to advantages of 3D floors:
- Optical increase in room space;
- High fire safety of covering;
- Environmental friendliness;
- Tightness, and consequently, dust minimum;
- Low level of static electricity;
- Long life cycle;
- Simplicity of cleaning;
- High chemical durability;
- Resistance to different temperature conditions (from-30 to +70 degrees Celsius).
And also 3D floors perfectly transfer humidity that does them by irreplaceable decisions at registration of bathrooms and bathrooms. The question of combination of assignment of the room and mounting of volume floor is very important as 3D registration is appropriate not everywhere.
Designers recommend to use this technology taking into account the following rules:
- In any execution perfectly looks in halls and big halls about furniture minimum;
- Volume semantic pictures look good in highly specialized rooms (dolphins and turtles in the bathroom, heroes of animated films – in the nursery, logos of the companies – at offices of the enterprises).
- Abstract and figured images well fit into interior of the furnished rooms (the living room, the bedroom, kitchen).
The only thing, it is necessary to consider the fact that not carpet and it not to replace bulk 3D floor later few years. It means that the image on floor should not be irritating and especially fashionable. The drawing it is desirable to choose the most neutral or from series which is nice in any situation.
Types of 3D floors
If to consider 3D floors in terms of production processes, then it will be normal two-component bulk floors. Obligatory elements of their structure are: polymeric basis and hardener.
On basis material 3D floors subdivide into the following types:
- Cement and acrylic when as basis use cement mix;
- Methyl, that is mix of akrilatny pitches is taken as basis;
- Polyurethane – the polyurethane structure acts as basis;
- Epoxy, created on the basis of epoxy resin.
- In premises preferences are given to the last two types, that is in priority polyurethane and epoxy structures. Advantages of these 3D floors differ, but is insignificant.
Among advantages of polyurethane floors It should be noted:
- High level of elasticity;
- Environmental friendliness;
- Wear resistance;
- Excellent sound-proof parameters.
Such floors are recommended to be used for registration of rooms with high passability. For example, in the hall or the hall.
At epoxy 3D floors “pluses”:
- Mechanical stability and to blows;
- High chemical stability;
- Fire safety;
Epoxy floors are recommended for wet rooms therefore most often they can be met in bathrooms or at registration of floor in the waiting room or near the pool.
3D floors the hands: principles of creation of the image
Respect for technology of creation of normal bulk floors of difficulties does not cause, but here 3D floors differ in specifics. Everything in this case depends on quality of works: both esthetics, and durability of covering. And though it is often possible to meet recommendations about use of services of third-party masters, to make 3D floors with own hands quite really. Only, it is worth adhering carefully to observance of all trifles when drawing layers.
It is also important to take care of the image beforehand. From that what method of drawing the drawing will be chosen also a lot of things depend at stages of works.
In total allocate three options of dressing of 3D floors:
- The drawing on banner fabric;
- The drawing on floor surface any or on cliche;
- The image typed from different materials (leaves, sinks, pebble, sand, etc.)
Separately mark out technology of creation of puff floor, but in fact it can be implemented in any of the listed types of decor.
The drawing on banner fabric is convenient that as the volume image it is possible to select the pleasant song. The computer analog is processed in the graphic editor for achievement of necessary color and volume effects and unpacked on banner fabric or any other dense carrier. At the order of the image it is worth showing consideration for the drawing sizes – it has to be slightly more floorage. It will allow to avoid emptiness, excessive joints and errors at placement of the image on the plane.
If to do the drawing independently, then it is worth giving preference to acrylic or polymeric paints. Here it is easy to implement all creative ideas and to create really unique 3D floor which does not have analogs.
The third way is seldom used as independent composition. Supplement with usually volume parts already existing drawings executed on the first or second technology. Natural materials give to the image originality and still big realness.
Technology of drawing 3D floors: stages and materials
Though work on creation of 3D floors consists of only six stages, it is necessary to stock up with patience. Practically after each action certain period for drying of the put layer will be required.
Also prior to works it is worth taking care of climatic factors: to mechanical ventilation and temperature, optimum for work, and humidity. Ventilation is necessary in connection with toxicity of polymeric components of mixes, other parameters will promote reduction of time of drying of layers, that is to reduce the working periods. The recommended indoor temperature has to be not less plus ten degrees.
Step-by-step instruction for drawing 3D floors the hands:
- Preparation and alignment of the basis.
- Drawings layer of primer.
- Drawing basic layer of bulk 3D floor.
- Work with the image.
- Finishing covering.
- Drawing layer of protective lacquer.
The end result therefore this stage should pay special attention directly depends on quality of the basis. Moreover, professional builders do not advise to create bulk 3D floors in rooms with the broken geometry. Any strong inclination will nullify all efforts and will spoil the end result.
The stage of preparation of floor for works includes the following elements:
- the concrete tie of floor is created;
- after drying of layer from it by means of the perforator or the grinder all roughnesses are removed – the admissible difference on height should not exceed 2-3 mm;
- chips, cracks, holes and other damages are closed by means of epoxy resin or cement slurry;
- floor is carefully smoothed out from dust and small garbage by means of the powerful vacuum cleaner;
- in the presence of oil stains they also leave;
- processing is once again carried out by the vacuum cleaner.
After that it is necessary to wait for full drying of tie. Then it is possible to pass to the following stage – primer.
Problem of primer always threefold – to increase quality of adhesion of working surface, to connect the remained dust and to fill microopenings and time in material. For bulk 3D floors as primer recommend to use the glue divorced with water. Standard proportions: 10 parts of water on 1 part of glue. The received solution is applied with spatula, soft wide brush or normal paint roller. Everything it is worth making two layers, allowing them to dry time recommended by the producer. In a day after drawing the second layer it is possible to pass to the third stage of works. You should not leave the grounded floor for more than 24 hours as on it will settle the large volume of dust which already to remove it will not turn out. And any dust and dirt is danger of non-compliance with technology and the bad end result of works.
Though during creation of basic layer it is possible to use tie, it is better to choose polymeric floor for this stage.
At this stage of works it should be taken into account several moments:
- if the drawing means the color basis, then it is necessary to create it at the level of basic layer;
- small natural elements it is also worth having in basic layer;
- it is necessary to prepare mix with accurate observance of the instruction for addition of water and only in the volume, necessary for work;
- when drawing polymeric covering it is important to watch surface evenness and also that in the thickness of material there will be no small parts of air in the form of bubbles;
- in the course of drying on floor direct beams of sunlight should not get.
The polymeric layer best of all looks at drawing 2-4 mm thick. As tools it is worth using consistently the toothed palette and the needle roller. Process of drying takes from 24 hours to seven days – everything depends on the chosen structure.
The image is applied depending on the chosen technique:
- it is drawn on floor at once;
- it is prepared on banner fabric and pasted on floor.
If you have preferred paints, then after creation of the image it is necessary to cover picture with layer of protective lacquer and only after its full drying to pass to the following stage.
If have prepared the drawing on banner, then the main objective – qualitatively to paste it. For this purpose the basic layer is covered with primer, only here the structure has to form for finishing covering 3D of floor which is solvent-thinned in the ratio 2:1 basis of solution. After drying of primer the image is pasted. And it is important not to allow even the slightest hit of air under banner fabric.
Penultimate, but very important stage will require polymeric structure, drill with nozzle, the needle roller, special footwear on high thorns and film (foil). The structure gets divorced at the rate of 4 kg (or slightly more) on 1 square meter of the area – it will allow to create polymer layer about 3 mm. Components mix up according to the instruction of the producer by means of drill with nozzle, at the same time it is important to watch that particles of structure did not remain on bucket walls – the consistence of solution has to be completely homogeneous. Further mix pours out on floor and is leveled on surface. Waiting for solidification solution is repeatedly rolled by the roller for removal of air. After surface leave to dry, having closed previously foil (film). Time of drying from 24 to 48 hours.
The last stage of works is necessary to give to floor 3D best operational parameters. For this purpose the surface is covered with protective lacquer layer in 2-3 mm. When varnish dries, floors with the volume 3D image are completely ready for operation.
Features of leaving
Thanks to layer of protective lacquer and the general properties of floors, it is rather simple to look after 3D surface. It is necessary to follow the following simple rules:
- to upholster legs of furniture with feltgaskets;
- at any repair works to close surface floors cardboard or dense film;
- to wash the floors without application of means with aggressive structures (acids, chlorine, ammonia, etc.);
- at dry cleaning to apply not abrasive fabric and to use vacuum cleaner brushes with soft bristle;
- to periodically apply protective layer of wax on floor.
Creation of 3D floor – process difficult, but it is worth making efforts. The end result will unambiguously please with unique decor for many years, causing envy of people around and their admiration.