Table of Contents
In pursuit of comfort the mankind invents all new ways to provide itself with the most convenient conditions of life. Nobody is surprised for a long time by the systems of heat-insulated floors designed to give the maximum comfort to the owner. When it comes about the infrared heating floors, most often associations arise with film systems. However there are also carbonic rod designs which have not less, and it is even more than the advantages, than widespread film.
Device and principle of work of system
The heating carbonic floor is stationary heating intellectual system. Its basis is made by the flexible rods made of composite which part carbon fabrics, graphite and silver are. System elements, so-called heating mats, consist from in parallel the laid rods connected with each other by the isolated voltage cable.
At inclusion of system carbonic rods begin to radiate infrared waves which length from 8 to 14 microns. They are absorbed and accumulate floor covering. Through small period the got warm floor begins to give heat to the room, evenly warming air. At the same time optimum conditions for the person when floor is heated-up as much as possible are created, and air at the level of the head has temperature one-two degrees lower.
The rod heating gender can be assigned in any room without restrictions. It is recommended for use in medical and child care facilities. It can be mounted as the basic or supplementary heating. The main advantages of system can be considered:
- possibility of laying under any finishing covering;
- the most economic of all electric designs energy consumption;
- fire safety;
- possibility of shutdown even in the conditions of negative temperatures;
- fast heating;
- rather small weight which gives insignificant load of overlappings;
- possibility of installation in rooms in which humidity is increased;
- availability of system of the self-control preserving carbonic floor against overheating with defect in tie or installation over design of heavy bulky furniture;
- long working capacity which remains throughout the term of operation of the building.
From shortcomings of rod floor the most significant can consider need of mounting in tiled glue or thin tie that gives as a result stationary system without possibility of the subsequent dismantling.
Materials necessary for installation
Before to begin mounting, it is necessary to prepare necessary materials. It is worth beginning with purchase of infrared rod floor. To define necessary amount of material, it is necessary to calculate the room space in which the system will be installed. The producer notes that for the main heating it is enough to lay thermomats on 75-80% of the area of the room, for additional – on smaller. It is necessary to consider that unlike thermofilm, rods it is possible to have under furniture and major appliances, overheating of system will not occur. Also thermomats can be cut and stacked diversely. Proceeding from it, we define necessary amount of material.
Surely the foiled substrate is required. It prevents heatlosses and increases overall performance of system. Choosing material, it is necessary to pay attention to availability of thin protective film over foil which will not allow destruction of substrate under the influence of tie. Besides the mounting kits suitable to the chosen brand of the heating floor, mounting wires will be necessary. Temperature regulator, if it the built-in type, then also mounting box for it. The temperature recorder which is included in the temperature regulator package, the sensor of overheating which is not obligatory and is bought in addition. The small corrugated pipe which is closed stub. Also the isolating materials and special purpose tools will be necessary: construction hair dryer and blooming pincers.
The sequence of mounting of the rod heating floor
We begin works with definition of the place on which the temperature regulator will be established. It is usually established on wall, in any convenient point, at the height not lower than 30 cm from the level of floor covering. For mounting of the device in wall small deepening of the suitable size is made and becomes deepenings for wires by means of which the temperature regulator will be connected to the temperature recorder and mounting conclusions of system of the heating floor. Also the device has to be connected to the power supply network. Producers of the heating floors strongly recommend to perform this operation by means of the device of protective shutdown.
Installation works are carried out step by step:
- Preparation of the basis. We clean basis from dirt and dust, attentively we examine it. All slots and other defects have to be puttied. If necessary it is the best of all to lay the leveling tie that the basis was equal and clean. After carrying out everything works surely well we dry basis, it has to be dry.
- We stack the heatreflecting substrate. Material is spread exactly, without assemblies and distortions. We fasten panels with each other by means of adhesive tape. We attach substrate to floor the construction stapler, glue or bilateral adhesive tape.
- We display carbonic midstreams. We choose as top side that on which the producer has preset connecting sleeves. We begin laying from the place where the temperature regulator is established. If necessary to unroll cloth the connecting wire between two carbonic rods precisely in the middle is accurately cut. Then we develop strip at an angle in 180 ° and we continue to stack material in the necessary direction. It is necessary to remember that the producer usually limits the total length of strips, both uncut, and consistently connected among themselves. It is necessary to specify this size in the instruction.
- We fix the strips laid on the floor on substrate by means of adhesive tape. We watch closely that carbonic rods did not move and were not crossed with each other. Otherwise normal functioning of system will be complicated.
- We connect strips among themselves by means of mounting wires. For this purpose in the place of section we smooth out isolation of wire on the site of 5-7 mm. The wire is inserted into sleeve of the thermoseated tube and clamped by blooming pincers. Similar operation is performed with mains lead. Then by means of sleeve we connect the prepared wires, clamping it blooming pincers. We warm up the construction hair dryer the thermoseated tube which creates additional isolation. By the same way it is connected all strips. Being verified with the scheme, we carry out connection of the heating floor. Strictly we fulfill all requirements of the instruction, otherwise the system will not be able effectively to work.
- We connect the temperature recorder. By means of the probe we place element in corrugated pipe and densely we close it stub: now the sensor is ready to installation. We define the place for mounting, it has to be located so that the distance from the part body to two next infrared rods was approximately identical. We do groove for the sensor, we stack in it part and we fix by adhesive tape. Devices which are used without corrugated pipe are mounted similarly. In the same way the additional sensor protecting system from overheating is installed.
- We establish temperature regulator.
Actually mounting of system is finished. Now it is necessary to test it. For this purpose we make inclusion of heat-insulated floor, and we bring him to operating mode. It is necessary to consider that the test run should not last further 15 minutes, otherwise the construction for lack of the tie protecting its elements, can sustain damage which will lead to breakdown. During this time it is necessary to examine attentively all connections regarding sparking, excessive heating and to estimate their reliability and working capacity. All noticed problems are fixed, and restart is made.
The last stage of works – laying of tie. For its mounting it is recommended to use only special mixes intended for heat-insulated floors. Thickness of tie cannot be less than 2 cm, such size provides uniformity of warming up. After full drying of tie laying of floor covering is made.
Carbonic floor on which the ceramic tile will be mounted afterwards can be laid directly in glue. When working it is necessary to adhere to the following requirements:
- For laying only the glue which is specially intended for the rod heating floors can be used. The glue layer together with tile has to make at least 2 cm.
- It is allowed to level glue only the special toothed plastic palette, otherwise isolation or rods can be damaged.
- Between wall and tile the gap or thermoseam has to be left.
- The first inclusion of system can be made only after full drying of glue or tie, minimum in 28 days after mounting.
Carbonic rod heat-insulated floor – the practical decision for heating of the house. Its independent mounting is quite possible. It is necessary to study attentively all installation instructions which producers of heat-insulated floor and the chosen floor covering give. Work is necessary difficult, but if carefully to implement all recommendations, the result will surely please with heat and cosiness in the house.