Table of Contents
Warming of floor plays very important role in the general warming of the house. It is the best of all to do it at construction stage, then for warming it is not necessary to dismantle already existing floor covering, and expense of time, forces and construction materials will be minimized. If you need to warm floor in already made habitable house, then it will be slightly more difficult. For a start it is necessary to be defined that it will be used as heater for floor in wooden house, it is better for them to choose for creation of high heat insulation.
Selection of material for warming
It is worth treating selection of thermal insulation materials with the maximum responsibility. In many respects the choice will depend on financial welfare of the owner of the house, however you should not save on heater. Remember that heat waste is expense of the excess electric power on heating of the dwelling, and it means additional financial expenditure.
What heaters for floor in wooden house it is better? It is possible to learn it, having considered merits and demerits of each of types of thermal insulation materials.
The most widespread materials for warming of floor are today:
- mineral wool;
- ecocotton wool;
- wooden sawdust;
- polyurethane foam;
Each of these materials has the features and also nuances of mounting.
To choose, than it is better to warm floor in wooden house, it is necessary to consider the following parameters:
- conditions indoors – average humidity and air temperature, extreme values of these indicators and frequency of their differences;
- expected thickness of heat-insulation layer;
- expected loads of floor and general conditions of its operation;
- calculated weight of all design of floor.
As it is correct to warm floor in wooden house sawdust
Use for warming of floor of normal wooden sawdust is one of the easiest ways to increase heat insulation level.
Sawdust has number of advantages:
- rather low cost of material – sawdust will cost cheaper, than mineral wool or haydite;
- environmental friendliness – wooden sawdust is absolutely safe for life and human health, does not cause allergy;
- simplicity of mounting – to warm floor by means of sawdust, it is rather simple to fill up them with even layer under floor covering;
- are easily filled up in hard-to-reach spots – sawdust it is possible to warm slots, failures and other places where it is impossible to mount other types of heater.
It is also possible to use different construction materials which incorporate sawdust. Here wood concrete, wood blocks and pellets from sawdust belong. But sawdust in pure form is most often applied.
Helpful advice! When choosing heater for floor in wooden house it is worth using sawdust if you are not afraid of the increased fire danger. Otherwise it is better to stop the choice on less combustible material.
Subtleties of use of mineral wool
If there is question of what is better heater for floor in wooden house, then mineral wool is one of the most popular options today. First, mineral wool represents optimum combination in respect of the price and quality.
Secondly, it has the mass of advantages:
- low level of heat conductivity thanks to what heat waste in the house during the cold period is minimized;
- the high water repellency, that is mineral wool does not pass moisture therefore this type of heater can be mounted in houses with the increased humidity;
- material incombustibility that much more lowers risk of emergence of the fire in wooden house;
- the durability – warming of floors in wooden house from below by means of mineral wool guarantees you long life cycle of heater, much longer, than sawdust or other similar materials;
- ecological security – mineral wool is absolutely safe for human health, does not cause allergy;
- high level of resistance to rotting – this type of heater with firmness maintains influence of corrosive chemical medium, well transfers temperature drops and other adverse effects;
- the affordable price – mineral wool is more expensive, than sawdust, but is cheaper, than many other heaters;
- high level of sound insulation. Warming the house by means of mineral wool you not only you reduce heat waste, but also you minimize the noise level getting into the house from the street.
Number of shortcomings of material follows from its advantages. One of the main is low vapor permeability because of what on heater water condensate can accumulate. If you have planned warming of floor by means of mineral wool, then it is worth taking care of good vapor barrier.
Besides, mineral wool cakes over time, and heat insulation at the same time decreases. Therefore when warming wooden floor from below in owner-occupied dwelling by means of mineral wool, it is necessary to mount several layers with an overlap.
Mineral wool without gaps is mounted, and from above on layer of heater the vapor barrier layer at obligatory gluing of seams keeps within. It will protect heater from condensation of moisture on it from warm air from the house.
Features of use of Penofol
Penofol is used for warming of floor compared with recent time, and does not enjoy wide popularity yet. It represents roll of material which consists of several layers: heater and light-reflective aluminum foil.
When warming floor of Penofol you get the following advantages in wooden house:
- Simplicity and ease of mounting – Penofol can be mounted even without having special skills in the field of construction.
- The high resistance to mechanical loadings – material well maintains the big pressure, blows and many other things.
- The high density of material thanks to what it can be mounted not too thick layer.
- When warming floor of Penofol, you should not mount in addition vapor barrier as on this heater condensate does not concentrate.
Helpful advice! Buying Penofol for warming of floor in the house, be not frightened its rather high price: excellent utilization properties of material with interest compensate it.
How it is correct to warm floors in wooden house by means of Penofol?
For this purpose it is necessary to perform the following operations:
- At first the waterproofing course is mounted. It can be special film or just additional layer of Penofol.
- Then heater keeps within, all seams and joints are filled in with polyurethane foam.
- From above on layer of Penofol wooden logs are mounted. The distance between them has to make not less than 50 cm.
- Between logs Penofol keeps within again, and all seams and slots are filled in with polyurethane foam.
- From above wooden boards or sheets of chipboard keep within.
Warming by polyfoam
Polyfoam is one more type of heater which in popularity is practically flush with mineral wool. It favourably differs from the last in what does not absorb moisture, does not cake and, respectively, does not lose heat-insulating properties over time.
Besides, when warming floor from below by means of polyfoam you get the following advantages in wooden house:
- High level of durability of material, he well transfers mechanical influences.
- Low level of heat conductivity, that is even rather small layer of polyfoam will prevent heat waste in your house.
- Fire resistance.
- Resistance to any negative impacts of the environment. Polyfoam successfully resists hostile chemical environment, temperature drops.
- Polyfoam is not afraid of rodents therefore if you need heater type for floor in wooden house against mice, then it will become great option.
- Does not decay and does not grow mouldy.
Warming by ecocotton wool
When warming floor in owner-occupied dwelling the hands by means of ecocotton wool it should be taken into account that it will be less effective and will take more time, than mounting of the same heater by means of special blow machines. Nevertheless it is possible to warm floor ecocotton wool without use of the specialized equipment. For this purpose between previously mounted wooden logs sheets of material keep within.
Advantages of ecocotton wool are high level of heat insulation, impressive durability and resistance to adverse effects of the environment. Minus material – its high cost and need of use of the specialized equipment for high-quality mounting. Video of warming of floor in wooden house by means of mineral wool the hands considerably facilitates process so you are not lazy to look through it before work.
Warming of floor of Penoplex
If you do warming of wooden floor of the house of Penoplex, then the scheme of laying same here, as well as in case with mineral wool. At first the heater layer keeps within, then seams are filled in with polyurethane foam. In need of Penoplex it is possible to stack in several layers.
Advantages of material following:
- When warming Penoplex the vapor barrier as on it condensate does not accumulate is not necessary.
- Penoplex is not afraid of rodents and insects, it does not need to be protected in addition from moisture or mechanical damages.
- Material can brag of solid life cycle, at the same time over time its heat-insulating properties do not change.
The only essential minus of Penoplex is rather high price of material. It is more expensive, than mineral wool or polyfoam, however has the best utilization properties.
Use of the “heat-insulated floor” system
If you want to use the most advanced technologies then the “heat-insulated floor” system comes to the rescue. It can be network of pipelines with hot water which is mounted under layer of heater or jellied floor.
However much simpler in mounting and operation the option is electric heat-insulated floors. It is possible to get such system in any specialized shop and to mount, without having specialized skills in the field of construction. The heater price for floor in wooden house on the basis of such system will be quite high, however its efficiency is worth it.
Councils for care of the warmed floor
After completion of process of mounting of heater, it is regularly necessary to carry out measures for care of floor. It will help to prolong the term of its service and to keep high heat-insulating properties.
For this purpose it is necessary to implement the following recommendations:
- you do not walk on the warmed floor in street footwear — small stones, dirt and firm particles I affect floor as abrasive paper;
- for cleaning it is the best of all to use the powerful vacuum cleaner, it will effectively remove all dust even in the most hard-to-reach spots;
- direct sunshine badly influence wooden floor therefore it is worth protecting it from their influence;
- where the maximum level of load of floor is supposed, it is better to protect it by means of rugs.
Helpful advice! The biggest enemy of wooden floor is moisture. Therefore much attention should be paid to waterproofing. For this purpose in places of expected influence of water it is possible to lay moisture resistant covering.
No matter, whether you use warming of floors in wooden house haydite, mineral wool, polyfoam or by means of the “heat-insulated floor” system, observance of these recommendations will allow you to prolong much more life cycle of heater and not to allow loss of heat-insulating properties.
Heater for floor in wooden house what is better the producer and how much is material
In the modern market of producers of the warming materials for floor allocate several popular brands which are most often used for heat insulation of owner-occupied dwellings:
- Rockwool – one of the most popular brands, produces basalt heaters for walls, roof and floor, is characterized by high quality, density. Is issued in plates. The price for square meter of heater can vary depending on the brand.
- Euroizol – heater on the basis of mineral wool, nonflammable, with high strength on compression, the low level of water absorption.
- Linerock – the ventilated nonflammable heater, is implemented in plates, is applied to warming of facades and floor.
- Isover – heater on the basis of glass wool, is characterized by high density on separation, durability and resistance to physical impacts.
Besides, for warming such brands as Ecover, Knauf and many others are used. To learn how to warm floor in owner-occupied dwelling the hands by means of each of them, it is recommended to watch video of the instruction on the Internet or to read councils of experienced builders.