Table of Contents
Interroom doors – the integral attribute of any house. They separate inhabited space into separate zones and decorate it. The designs executed from tree of glass or plastics will become the excellent decor supplementing and emphasizing room interior. Competent installation of doors – responsible action on which their functionality depends. If desired it is possible to choose and install system independently.
Types of interroom doors
The range of doors is very wide. To pick up option, necessary for the house, it is necessary to understand well all this variety and to accurately understand what design will be more preferable.
Proceeding from material, all interroom doors can be separated into several groups:
- From solid wood. They are called still framed. Are made from array of natural wood. It can be valuable grades or normal fir-trees and pine. Some models become covered by interline interval of more expensive breeds. Anyway it is the most heavy constructions requiring special attention to the used accessories. Differ in the maximum noise-insulating and heat-insulating characteristics.
- Panel board. Represent bar-shaped framework on which two front plates are fixed. They can be different, and their quality defines properties of design. The cheapest and short-lived option – the plates laminated by film. Externally they imitate tree, but, of course, have no its properties. One more version – the imprinted plates painted in suitable color. Have more attractive appearance and serve slightly longer. And, at last, the most expensive option – wood interline interval. Externally such doors do not differ from framed, however easier that allows to use the facilitated accessories. Common fault of panel board doors – low noise-insulating and heat-insulating properties.
- Plastic. Material well imitates any surface. At the same time it is not subject to rotting, cracking and buckling. Life cycle of design it is much bigger, than at wooden or panel board. Cost is quite democratic. Differ in excellent noise-insulating and heat-insulating characteristics. Can be established only with original accessories.
- Glass. Are completely made of glass, differ in excellent exterior. Such designs can be established in any rooms. The accessories have to be used only special, developed for doors of this kind. Life cycle at due leaving is not limited. At cost exceed systems from natural wood. Noise-insulating and heat-insulating properties the worst of all above-mentioned options.
Depending on the used design distinguish several types of interroom doors:
- Recoil or sliding. The door cloth on special guides is rolled away aside, opening or closing entrance to the room. Guides can be hidden, located in wall, or opened, established outside. System advantages: Operational reliability, possibility of the optimum organization of space as the design “does not eat” useful area. The hidden systems allow to hide door cloth when opening. From shortcomings it is possible to list noise at closing/opening, complexity in arrangement, especially hidden designs.
- Oar. Are carried out in the form of one or two cloths fixed on the rotation axes established on side face of door case. Distinguish unary systems with one cloth, one-and-a-half at which one shutter freely opens, and the second is recorded, and double with two full-fledged swinging open cloths. The most widespread designs – unary, double are used only in wide apertures: on entrance to the living room, the dining room, etc. Refer ease of mounting, unpretentiousness and operational reliability, noiselessness in use to pluses of construction and simplicity of accessories. Minus: demand the free space necessary at opening of design. It limits their use in very small rooms.
- Doors accordions or folded. Designs consist of several cloths connecting among themselves in a special way. When opening the system develops in the form of accordion, and when opening forms the general plane. Indisputable advantage: abroach occupy place minimum therefore are irreplaceable in rooms, small on the area. Difficult and a little whimsical accessories, noise in operation at closing/opening and difficulty in mounting and adjustment belong to shortcomings.
To interroom it is also possible to carry revolving doors which represent one or at once several cloths rotating on one axis. However such designs are extremely seldom used in premises. Though if desired they can quite be established in the house.
Preparation for mounting of oar design
Installation of interroom doors usually begins with dismantling of old system. It is necessary to begin it with the fact that the cloths which have served the accurately are removed from loops. To do this operation the door opens on 90 ° and rises up. If design already very old or warped it is necessary to make efforts and to use such reception. We separate platband from door case, we open cloth on 90 °. We undertake one hand door end face at the level of breast, and the second – at the level of the handle. We shake cloth in the parties and we pull up, taking out it from loops. If after dismantling the system is going to be thrown out, it is possible just to tear off door from box.
The following stage – removal of door case. First of all, we release it from solution fixing part in aperture. Then we saw through upper parts of vertical struts on the right and at the left. It will help to take out box from aperture. We insert mount into the formed opening between design and wall and strongly we pull it towards aperture. The box has to crack. We repeat operation from the opposite side and easily we take out system.
It is not necessary to hurry with fitting and installation of new doors. The quality of their mounting in many respects depends on aperture. We begin to train him for installation fully. We check design construction level. If the revealed deviations exceed 1 cm by two meter, then it is the best of all to correct aperture. By means of the hammer and chisel we bring it to necessary state. When dismantling old systems it is possible to find mortgages. So called the wooden bars which are strongly built in in wall which held door case. Them it is the best of all to dismantle and level also formed apertures by means of cement slurry.
Installation of oar interroom doors
After full readiness of aperture it is possible to start installation of system. Process takes place in several stages.
- Assembly of door case
Producers most often offer the cut-out parts of door case which need to be twisted only correctly screws. Doors without threshold which meet rather often demand that racks of box supported cloth at least on 8 mm. It is especially relevant for the designs which are established on the floor trimmed with finishing covering. The collected box should be laid on the floor and to check correctness of the carried-out works.
For this purpose in design the door cloth invests exactly as it will be established then. We check gap size. For interroom designs it has to be in limits of 3-5 mm. It is not necessary to confuse with entrance for which this size is 5-8 mm. If necessary we adjust design to the necessary parameters and we start accessories marking.
- Cloth marking
It is considered that interroom doors have to be supplied with two loops. However and correct fastening on three loops is considered more reliable. We mark cloth under loops as follows. From the upper edge of design we lay off 250 and 500 mm, we put two tags. From the lowermost point of cloth we lay off 250 mm up and we tag one more. Over marks so that they were located precisely in the middle, we put loops. We plan top and bottom of part, its edge. We transfer the received marking to door case.
The handle is necessary for opening of door. It can be the most different design. Regardless of it from bottom of cloth 850 mm are laid off and marked. The handle will be located here. Further we measure the lock and we transfer all measurements to cloth. By means of chisel we carry out apertures under loops. Depth of dredging – 2 mm. It is necessary to perform works accurately and precisely, otherwise the door can badly be closed or open randomly. The aperture under the lock is also carried out by chisel.
- Installation of door
We insert door case into the prepared aperture. We begin to level design from that rack where loops are located. For accuracy we use plumb, normal cord with load. The rack is considered correctly exposed if the plumb is in strictly vertical position. Inspection is carried out from all directions. After obtaining satisfactory result the part is wedged. Wooden wedges have to hold apart top of aperture and rack. Further we level the second rack. It can be exposed not on plumb, and on the door plane. It will be quite good to check horizontal part of box. If there are roughnesses, adjust them thin linings.
On the exposed and leveled door case we hang door. At first we take to two pieces of loop. We drill in places of fastenings of opening for screws with a diameter of 2.5 mm. It is necessary that the cloth and box have not broken up when fastening. We fix loops in the planned places. Then we establish cloth into place, having put on door hinges box elements. Finally we regulate door case, adjusting it to cloth. It is necessary to achieve that outside part of door did not support wall.
- Fixing of system
We hold apart the hung and wedged system special bars struts which are necessary when putting polyurethane foam. They will not allow it to squeeze system excessively. It is necessary to establish surely bars opposite to loops and at least one in the middle of design. Struts have to hold box, but not excessively hold apart, otherwise the system will be warped.
After installation of bars we add wedges under box opposite to each strut and on sites of fastening of loops. We start filling of foam in emptiness. We give foam gradually, very accurately, in the direction from top to down, trying that it did not fall out outside. All the time so far foam will dry, and these are about 12-24 hours, it is not recommended to touch design. After full hardening of foam we put the lock and the handle.
- Installation of platbands
Platbands fasten to door case, forming in corners joint at an angle in 45 °. That it has turned out ideally equal, it is necessary to carry out marking correctly. The platband is put to rack of door case and carried out on it tag which has to be 5 mm above bottom edge of horizontal element of system. Since this mark, the connection cut will be carried out. The same procedure is carried out with the second vertical and horizontal platband. We cut out parts and we nail up platbands to box without hats or we paste them the suitable gluing structure.
Possible mistakes at installation
If any operations have been executed incorrectly, doors will not be able normally to function. Most often any opening of door turns out to be consequence of mistakes in installation. It can be result of insufficient alignment of system down or incorrectly executed gap. To establish the defect reason, the cloth is brought to box and smoothly released.
If the door sharply springs, it indicates incorrectly sustained gaps. For correction of situation it is necessary to deepen loops in box or, on the contrary, to enclose in them the cardboard inserts which are cut by the size of parts. As practice shows, most often the problem arises because of excessive deepening of loops therefore it is worth beginning with cardboard laying. If the door deviates smoothly, most likely, the reason – not sustained vertical. In this case it is necessary to dismantle design and to establish all over again.
Repair of interroom doors
Interroom doors are supplied with the mechanism which can break over time. In this case it is door accessories. Let’s consider the most typical breakdowns and ways of their repair:
- Sagging of cloth
Sometimes oar doors begin to touch the lower or side part of box, or floor. If it was not observed earlier, most likely the problem consists in sagging of cloth. It can happen because of weakening of fixing of loops or their exit out of operation. We open door and attentively we examine loops. It is possible to try to shake cloth in vertical plane. The weakened screws will be shown by free wheeling of loop along fastening, so-called “looseness” will be visible.
We start repair. The simplest option – we tighten screws. However, it is not always possible. We try to replace fastenings with longer. If it is impossible, it is necessary to caulk up old openings under fixtures by means of wooden wedges and joiner’s glue and to again attach loop. Densely wrapped up screws at “looseness” of door speak about free wheeling in loop. Therefore, it needs to be changed. The sagging which has appeared through short time after installation demonstrates that the mass of cloth of door is too big. Replacement of loops by more powerful or installation of additional elements is required.
- Problems with accessories
We will not consider locks and handles. Let’s talk about loops and guides. For the last repair, mainly, consists in replacement of the elements which have failed. It is possible to get new parts in specialized shops. The main complexity – it is correct to understand what element has broken. For loops loss of rod therefore halves of design are disconnected both cloth become the most frequent problems warps, and deleting of half of loop that gives slipping of panel down. In the first case it is necessary to return rubber hammer the dropped-out rod into place. For prevention of similar situations it should be fixed by emphasis. In the second case not to do without replacement of loop.
- Correction of distortion of sliding doors
Folding and sliding doors very often face such problem. The reasons can be a little: breakdown of guides, disbalance or descent of cloth from guides. If the cloth is wedged throughout the movement, most likely by problem in disbalance of system. By means of adjustment screw it is necessary to establish the necessary height of roller.
The door cloth which is dangling in the lower plane, parallel to the movement, and getting jammed in attempt to get moving forward it, testifies to descent from guides. To correct situation, the cloth needs to be raised over the lower rail, to put roller into place and to pull door panel aside. Normal one-way traffic and jamming in opposite is characteristic of the broken guides. It is possible that the head rail was just loosened. We try to strengthen it by analogy with door hinges. If does not help, it is necessary to replace the deformed rail.
As practice shows, all above-mentioned problems are possible also that case if door opening is deformed. More often it happens because of the big weight of door cloth or turns out to be consequence of distortion of door case. It is possible to solve problem by means of replacement of door jamb. It is necessary to establish more powerful design. One more method – strengthening of fastening of door case with wall. It can achieve, having installed additional fixture.
That doors served longer
Competent care of doors not only improves their look, but also allows to prolong life cycle significantly. It is worth remembering that the door accessories have to be always operational and greased. If not to correct breakdown of one loop, the arisen overload of the second inevitably will lead also it to breakdown. Absolutely the same can be told also about guides for the developing and sliding systems. At insert in wooden cloth of accessories in order to avoid rotting of the basis it is necessary to process it antifungal and water-repellent substances.
Interroom doors – the integral functional element of any interior. Independent installation of design is quite possible. This work is not really complex, but demands from the performer of accuracy, accuracy, patience and desire to perform work qualitatively. Result of the spent efforts will become competently established design which will not only function faultlessly, but also will decorate interior.