Table of Contents
In this article such finishing material as paint for walls in the apartment is considered. In the text it is possible to study advantages and shortcomings of use of paint and varnish structures of premises, having studied classification of dyes, their characteristics and properties, average quotations. Let’s consider useful recommendations about the choice of finishing taking into account room function and also technologies and councils for the correct coating application in different rooms.
Paint for walls in the apartment as finishing material
Use of paints and varnishes as finishing for walls is widespread among owners of apartments. The popularity of dyes is caused by large amount of advantages. For this reason many consumers prefer to buy paint for walls in the apartment instead of wall-paper and other options of finishing.
Use of various dyes opens new opportunities concerning decor. Even if it is supposed during repair walls painting in monophonic color, there is always space for creation of interesting design. The covering can be decorated by means of patterns, drawings, decorative elements and art compositions or to use textured paint for giving to surfaces of beautiful texture.
Interesting fact! Today there are more than 20 thousand textures and coloring of decorative paint. It is huge range for the choice of suitable option to create desirable interior.
Advantages of use of paint to walls painting in the apartment
Advantages of use of dyes as finishing:
- wide choice of options of design – by means of paints and varnishes it is possible to create the unusual and memorable interior, playing with invoices, shades and drawings. The wide color palette of paints for walls allows to achieve various coloring and nuances on the basis of basic shades;
- the covering does not attract pets – unlike wall-paper and other options of finishing the painted surface in most cases remains whole. Probability that the pet gnaws corners or will leave scratches, is minimum;
- as a result of putting good paint for walls on carefully prepared surface it is possible to receive decorative coat with very long term of operation throughout which it will keep the attractive exterior;
- quality dye easily gives in to the procedure of cleaning. To it even wet cleaning will not be able to do much harm;
- the practicality and convenience – irrespective of the choice of paint for walls in the apartment process of its drawing very simple also does not demand considerable efforts. Even if the room has the difficult configuration including figured ledges, columns and niches, finishing of walls will not cause serious difficulties that cannot be told about decorative panels and wall-paper;
- after coloring there is always opportunity to disguise insignificant defects if residue of material is had near at hand. On surface there can be chips, scratches or indelible spots which can easily be tinted;
- if interior registration of the room bothers, it is easy to correct it. And changes can be both partial, and full. Such manipulations with paint are carried out much easier, than with other options of finishing.
Shortcomings of use of paints for walls painting
It is worth getting acquainted also with shortcomings of finishing material:
- the qualitative result of coloring is possible only on condition of thorough training of the basis. Paint not only does not hide surface defects, but also in certain cases even emphasizes them. Therefore it is necessary to study in detail the technology describing how to peel the paint from wall or other type of finishing to receive clean and equal basis;
- the covering is vulnerable to influence of mechanical character and abrasive loadings;
- the majority of paints is inclined to accumulate dust particles for surfaces. Many consumers try to select for this reason for walls in kitchen washable paint;
- for work with some kinds of structures certain skills and knowledge can be required. For example, violation of technology of walls painting and ceilings aqueous emulsion ink can lead to emergence of stains on surface. And use of cheap and low-quality structure leads to uneven distribution of the texture and color.
Pay attention! Selecting aqueous emulsion ink for walls and ceilings, you should not forget that the covering carries out not only decorative, but also protective function. The structure can protect the ceiling basis from moisture influence therefore it is recommended to buy material with antiseptic properties and components which minimize development of fungi and mold.
How to choose paint for walls in the apartment: main criteria
The extensive offer of finishing materials sets the consumer thinking with what paint to paint walls in the apartment to achieve desirable result. The owner of housing first of all is anxious with decorative properties of structure, namely its texture and shade.
There is still a number of criteria among which the paint price for walls in the apartment and its characteristics affecting quality of covering.
The main selection criteria which should be considered before purchase:
- surface type;
- the covering ability;
- technology of drawing;
- requirements for leaving;
- drying speed;
- safety degree for human health;
- level of steam permeability;
- features of structure.
Certainly, decorative qualities of finishing are also important at selection of material for walls painting. The photo of beautiful interiors which can be met in magazines or on the Internet, visually confirm the fact that qualitatively executed finishing of walls can add and emphasize design of the room.
With what paint to paint walls indoors
Irrespective of color of paint for walls, when causing structure on surface the received covering can possess different degree of gloss.
Taking into account this characteristic allocate several types of finishing materials:
Coverings with glossy surface have one important advantage – simplicity of leaving. This type of paint is less vulnerable to negative impact of moisture and abrasive loadings. Such finishing allows to remove easily from wall surface of spot or dust. It is possible to carry high requirements for basis to shortcomings of such structures. The wall has to have ideally plain surface, otherwise even small defects at the expense of light will be well looked through.
Pay attention! You should not use glossy covering for full finishing of the room. This type of structure is recommended to be applied to ceiling or as additional decor with the purpose to focus attention on separate elements of the room.
If there is question what paint to paint walls in kitchen, it is better to stop on satin finish and to combine it with other types of covering. It perfectly is suitable for rooms with the increased air humidity level.
Opaque paints are mainly used for dressing of rooms of inhabited assignment. On wall the plain surface is created thanks to what the covering visually masks insignificant roughnesses. Having executed the hands walls painting by aqueous emulsion ink of light shades with opaque effect, it is possible to expand visually space, but, unfortunately, such surface hard gives in to cleaning. To remove spot it is necessary to use wet sponge that can wash away coat of paint. Therefore in certain cases, the site with pollution needs to be tinted in addition.
Semi-gloss structures represent average link between glossy and opaque dyes. They integrate in themselves the same advantages and shortcomings, as the above-stated options.
What paint to choose for walls: the covering ability of structures
The covering ability – the most important property of dye. Depends on this indicator how monophonic and equal the surface of covering will turn out and whether the basic basis will be looked through through it. To define degree of the covering ability, it is enough to check how many layers of dye need to be put before the desirable effect is gained.
When using quality paints and varnishes most often it is possible to manage single putting paint on wall. According to producers, will be one coat of paint enough, but according to consumers, it will be more reasonable to test possibilities of structure on the small site in the beginning and if necessary to double result from flow calculation of paint on 1 m ² walls to execute coloring in two layers. Also it is necessary to consider color of the basis.
Helpful advice! To learn with what paint it is better to paint walls in the apartment, it is possible to check special catalogs from producers where it is visually shown as already ready result of coloring of this or that surface will look.
The choice of paint for walls: what is better to gain structure on consistence
The consistence of dye has impact on ability of structure, its viscosity and extent of spreading on wall surface. Adhesive properties of covering also depend on this indicator. If dye too dense, coloring can turn out uneven. In addition, on finishing of walls the bigger amount of material will leave. On the other hand, the dense structure can be brought to appropriate body. Basic solvent or water for water emulsion types of paints is for this purpose used.
If dye too liquid, it can be fraught with the weak covering ability and need to paint surface in several layers. Besides many owners of apartments quite often have question how to paint walls with aqueous emulsion ink without stains and drips which are inevitable in processing of surfaces by too liquid structure.
Some producers propose the practical and convenient solution of this problem – dye with thixotropy. Similar structures are capable to change density of the consistence depending on the nature of impact on it or lack of those. In other words, if to mix paint, it will become more liquid. In quiet state the viscosity of structure increases. The producer specifies availability of such property on packaging. Such paints create plain surface without drips, but their cost is quite high.
How to choose paint for walls in the apartment: additional parameters
When choosing dye it is necessary to pay attention to work technique with structure. The quality of result and convenience of the process and also the invoice of structural structures depends on the tool.
Producers usually specify way of drawing on packaging in the form of the image of the recommended tool:
- paint spray gun;
In certain cases the technology of aerosol spraying accelerates process and does it more favorable.
Pay attention! It is important to choose correctly with what paint to paint walls in the bathroom or kitchen. Finishing in these rooms is subject to high humidity and pollution therefore it is better if the covering has resistance to wet cleaning.
On sale it is possible to find set of paints for walls in the bathroom or kitchen. All of them mainly have the washing surface that is very favorable to operational conditions of these rooms. However the cost of similar dyes can be high therefore in certain cases it will be periodically more reasonable to update covering by means of more available materials in the price.
The choice of structure for walls painting in the apartment: features of dyes
Selecting dye for finishing of walls, it is necessary to treat with special attention kinds of structures taking into account their chemical structure. In this respect between materials there is big difference especially as not each option of structure will be suitable for premises.
Features of oil paints: how to remove structure, its advantages and shortcomings from walls
Oil-based structures after drawing are exposed to oxidation and dry. As a result on wall surface the color covering in the form of film is formed. The firmness of such finishing is low therefore how to remove oil paint from wall of special questions does not arise ‒ for this purpose it is possible to use special purpose tools or the normal palette. Over time under the influence of external factors the covering becomes covered by cracks, loses the exterior and is shelled. Besides, oil-based dye practically does not pass water vapor that negatively affects indoor climate.
The only advantage of material is its low cost. For the rest the similar type of structure is not suitable for finishing of premises at all. It should be noted that any of the existing kinds of paints will not be able qualitatively to lay down over oil covering therefore it needs to be removed completely before putting new finishing.
There are several ways how to peel from walls in the bathroom the paint of oil type:
- The mechanical method – differs in labor input and demands big expenses of time. For removal the palette and physical force are used.
- The chemical method – is used the special substance softening dye. After processing the covering easily is removed by means of the palette.
- The mechanized method – structure is removed by means of drill with special nozzle or Bulgarians.
- The thermal method – surface heats up by means of the construction hair dryer then the softened covering is removed the palette from wall.
It is important! Before removing old paint from wall it is necessary to be convinced that in zone which will be processed by the hair dryer there is no electrical wiring. Besides, application of thermal method on surfaces from PVC or plastic is not allowed.
Characteristics of silicone paints for walls in the apartment
This category of dyes has high wear resistance, is not exposed to burning out and deleting. Due to good vapor permeability, the covering does not break indoor climate.
Advantages of paints on silicone basis:
- in structure there are pitches at the expense of which on surface the continuous film covering forms. At the same time material has the honeycomb providing penetration of air masses;
- resistance to influence of moisture and water tightness;
- resistance to influence of direct sunshine;
- the excellent utilization properties allowing to use dye as for internal, and external finishing of walls;
- unlike structures on acrylic basis, silicone paints are not softened from influence of high temperatures therefore the covering is to a lesser extent subject to changes in the operation course;
- the large-scale of elasticity allows to mask gaps up to 2 mm in size during coloring.
There is not a lot of shortcomings at material and the basic from them is high price in comparison with other dyes. But this minus is compensated for the account of long term of operation.
Specifics of use of magnetic paint for walls
Use of magnetic and marker paint for walls allows to receive the equal covering having characteristics of magnetic board. On it it is possible to draw multi-colored markers and to fix magnets.
It is possible to cover with such structure:
- plywood sheets;
- concrete walls;
- surfaces from boards;
- gypsum plasterboards.
As a part of this dye there are iron particles therefore after drawing the covering gains magnetic properties. Thanks to it on wall it is possible to record magnets easily. Specialists recommend to buy magnetic paint for walls effectively to issue not only interior of the living room, but also premises of restaurant, school, kindergarten, personal workplace, etc. The surface opened with magnetic paint can be pasted over with wall-paper. At the same time magnetic properties of covering are not lost.
Why it is favorable to buy marker paint for walls:
- Dye has no unpleasant smell.
- In structure there are no toxic agents therefore dye can be used safely for finishing of walls in educational and medical institutions.
- Fireproof covering.
- Material is ecologically clean and safe for health of animals and people.
- Paint has high adhesive properties that is convenient in work.
Pay attention! Magnetic and marker dyes muffle the harmful electromagnetic waves radiated by household appliances, for example, computers, TVs, microwave ovens.
Kinds of paints for walls in the bathroom, kitchen and corridor
The microclimate of kitchen and the bathroom is characterized by the increased humidity therefore finishing has to be the most resistant. The same concerns corridors and other rooms with high passability. In such rooms it is recommended to use the washing aqueous emulsion ink for walls, and with pronounced structure it is better to refuse use of structures.
As in kitchen and the bathroom finishing should be wiped with wet rag from time to time, professionals advise to buy paint for walls of water emulsion type at the heart of which there is silicone or acrylic. This option of covering is considered optimum and allows to keep the room clean. There are also other kinds of the finishing materials developed especially for rooms with high humidity, for example, alkyd and silicate.
Properties and characteristics of the alkyd painting structures
On consistence alkyd dyes are similar to oil structures, however, as base for their creation of use alkyd resins. Distinctions are available also in utilization properties. The covering perfectly maintains influence of ultraviolet, moisture and the increased temperatures. Level of steam permeability – average that is advantage to rooms with humid air.
Alkyd dyes well lay down on metal and wooden surfaces. At the same time the cost of material is low. This type of structures allows to experiment with covering and to create opaque, glossy and semi-gloss surface.
Use of alkyd paints is followed by one serious shortcoming — organic solvents are applied to dilution:
- white spirit;
After drawing and until the structure completely does not dry, at the room there is strong and unpleasant smell. Besides, all colors of palette of paints for walls on alkyd basis grow dull over time and become covered by yellowish raid. Material is short-lived therefore the budgetary price will not allow to avoid additional expenditure for updating of covering.
Helpful advice! Some options of alkyd paints have resistance to high temperatures. They perfectly will be suitable for coloring of pipes of heating system and radiators, but you should not use such structure for walls.
Features of walls painting in the bathroom silicate structures
Silicate coverings – great option for the bathroom or kitchen. The chemical composition of such dyes interferes with reproduction of mold and fungus. The finishing received as a result differs in durability and durability. Level of steam permeability at it the highest among the existing dyes.
When choosing silicate dye it is also worth considering the following nuances:
- The silicate paint is not combined with other options of finishings. She will not lay down on surfaces which have been covered other kinds of dyes earlier. The similar situation arises if it is necessary to paint over the surface which is already processed by silicate dye. Therefore it is necessary to study in advance how to remove paint from wall to receive the clean basis.
- In the course of drying, the structure distinguishes noxious to health substances therefore during the work it is necessary to use the special clothes and means protecting respiratory bodies. Also, you should not be in the room until paint completely dries.
- For giving to structure of necessary shade it is necessary to use pigments of mineral origin, and it significantly narrows and limits palette of paints for walls.
How to peel the old paint from wall: surface preparation to coloring
Before peeling aqueous emulsion ink from wall, it is necessary to define basis material. Taking into account it the way of removal of finishing is selected. As well as in case with oil dye, it is possible to use the dissolving substances, thermal or mechanical influence. Thanks to the basis, this type of finishing also cleans up by means of water.
How to remove aqueous emulsion ink from wall by washing off:
- It is necessary to prepare soap solution. For this purpose remnants of a cake of soap and small amount of laundry detergent are dissolved in warm water.
- By means of sponge or the roller solution is applied on the painted surface and is left before full absorption there.
- When the covering well get wet, dye is washed away from wall by means of rag.
- The surface is wiped dry and if on it residues of soap are still looked through, the procedure is performed repeatedly.
Helpful advice! It is better to process wall partially. Otherwise the surface will quickly dry and for removal of dye it will be required to wet it again.
How to remove paint from concrete walls by means of solvent:
- Means for removal by means of brush is applied on wall.
- Solvent is kept during the term specified by the producer (most often 20 minutes).
- Dye cleans up from walls by means of the palette.
- The processed surface is washed with water. At this stage it is also possible to use the special means recommended by the producer.
As solvent isopropyl alcohol or formic acid can be used. Average consumption — 1 liter of means on 5 sq.m. In shop it is possible to buy ready solutions, but they are less safe therefore it is necessary to use protective equipment and to observe security measures.
Kinds of aqueous emulsion inks for walls and ceilings: prices and features of structures
Thanks to high quality and the low price, aqueous emulsion ink for walls is in the increased demand for consumers. The second name of this big category of dyes – water and dispersive. In structure there are coloring pigments and water. At the expense of it finishing is easily washed away from surface. Distinctive feature of aqueous emulsion inks are the polymers added by producers to structure for increase in viscosity.
Kinds of polymers:
- acrylic elements;
- polyvinyl acetate glue;
- latex polymers.
The existing types of water emulsion dyes are classified by type of the polymers which are present at their structure. Taking into account simple technology from professional services it is possible to refuse and be engaged in finishing of the room independently.
Features of walls painting by aqueous emulsion ink on the basis of polyvinyl acetate
This type of paints is considered the most inexpensive in category of water emulsion structures and less practical of all. The covering forms equal film on surface, filling with itself small cracks. Owing to the fact that this option of finishing is subject to fast pollution it is recommended to be used for coloring of ceilings. At water emulsion dyes on the basis of polyvinyl acetate the high level of steam permeability. Thanks to it the surface “breathes” and throughout long time keeps the attractive exterior.
Important! Water emulsion dyes as a part of which there is polyvinyl acetate glue cannot be used for finishing of surfaces in rooms with the increased humidity level at all.
Features of aqueous emulsion acrylic inks for walls and ceilings: advantages
If it is required to execute finishing of walls in rooms with the increased air humidity level, in this case it is better to buy acrylic paint for walls and ceilings. Such structures are suitable even for rooms of public assignment.
Advantages of dyes on the basis of acrylic:
- Firmness on wear and high rate of fire safety.
- The covering is not subject to burning out and perfectly keeps the initial shade.
- The structure ideally covers surface, at the same time the aqueous emulsion ink consumption on 1 sq.m of wall is minimum – from 100 to 160 ml. It depends on producer and structure of the painted surface. Use of the roller increases structure expense approximately by 10-15%. On average 1 liter of paint is enough for covering of 5-7 m ².
- Dye does not interfere with natural ventilation of walls therefore it can be used for processing of wooden surfaces.
- Acrylic dyes well prove in any conditions. Coloring of surfaces can be carried out in the open air and even in rainy weather.
- The period of drying of material is 2 hours at the expense of what process of finishing of walls considerably accelerates.
- The technology of coloring of walls aqueous emulsion ink on the basis of acrylic is very simple. The structure easily lays down on walls, providing protection against moisture influence.
- If the structure has accidentally spilled, it is easy to wipe dye wet rag.
Advantages of walls painting by aqueous emulsion ink: properties of latex structures
Water emulsion dyes on latex basis happen two types. Some of them form on surface frost coating, others – glossy. The covering turns out long-lasting and shows high resistance to abrasion and mechanical influence. Most often this type of material is applied when it is required to receive high-quality finishing with long life cycle and the simple system of leaving.
Helpful advice! Through nacreous divorces the small room of volume can add visually, especially if as base paint for walls of white color is used.
Advantages of latex dyes:
- share part of nonvolatile substances as a part of paint – 50%. At the expense of dispersive substances the qualitative result of coloring turns out. Most often these components are presented in the form styrene of acrylic copolymers. At the same time the latex paint contains the minimum quantity of pigments and additional elements;
- the surface of covering does not absorb dirt and does not stick. Dust particles or insects will not be able to spoil exterior of walls;
- multilayer coloring will not take a lot of time as literally in 2 hours paint fully dries;
- excellent waterproofing properties;
- the upper layer of finishing well passes air at the expense of what the covering does not exfoliate;
- any spots and pollution which have got on surface can easily be washed away by means of water and rag;
- extensive choice of coloring. For example, the palette of paints for walls of Tikkurila offers consumers the huge choice of shades. The producer releases several hundred kinds of products.
Design of walls painting by aqueous emulsion ink: ideas, recommendations
Water emulsion dyes allow to create interesting design of walls. There is a lot of coloring options with their help, and restrictions practically do not exist. Selecting interior registration of the room, it is very important to consider rules of color combination.
Helpful advice! Not to be mistaken with the choice of shades, upon purchase of dyes in shop it is possible to use tables which are intended for designers. The existing colors of dyes in them are broken on groups taking into account harmony of combinations.
Design of walls painting in the apartment in two colors: interiors with horizontal division
Horizontal division of walls into two or three zones is considered traditional way of two-color registration. Most often certain site is indoors allocated. The lower zone of wall is painted in dark shades, and upper – in lighter colors. In classical option division of wall according to height into three zones is used. At the same time paint of dark color is applied on the lower third of surface, and two thirds from above become covered by light shades.
However you should not cling to framework of classical execution. Dark sites can terminate on the middle of wall or even to reach almost ceiling. The result turns out very courageous, but, working with this reception, it is necessary to be careful. Presence of dark paint at ceiling can visually make it lower. That to avoid it, it is recommended to leave light strip at the top.
If two-color coloring is carried out by the hands, in rare instances it is possible to achieve ideal border between shades. To hide shortcomings and errors, it is possible to use molding, having pasted this element over problem zone. It is possible to avoid curve transition in one more way. For this purpose before putting the second dye on border the painting adhesive tape is pasted. Provided that the painting tape has been pasted exactly, after painting and removal of adhesive tape on wall the ideal strip turns out.
This way of dressing can be used in rooms of any assignment and with any direction of style. Exception is only the interior with moldings which surely demands classical execution. The equal border with division in the form of brilliant strip will be suitable for style hi-tech or minimalism.
Accent design of walls painting by aqueous emulsion ink: features of registration
One wall highlighted in the color looks in interior very stylish. This way of dressing is popular among owners of apartments.
There are two options of registration of interior in the similar way:
- For allocation of wall the same color, as for coloring of other surfaces, only more dark shade is used.
- For emphasis of zone the contrast color, but within compatible palette is selected.
If it is correct to pick up parts, both ways of such finishing in interior look attractively. Such receptions are considered as the simplest options of finishing.
Helpful advice! For registration of bedrooms with accent wall it is not recommended to use sharp combinations of shades. The restroom has to be issued in the relaxed and soft atmosphere. Combination of sharp contrasts will be suitable for interiors of children’s rooms and living rooms.
Unusual way of walls painting by aqueous emulsion ink: design with strip
Interior design with horizontal line assumes forming on wall of wide strip. The element has to be placed in zone at the level of eyes. Usually this method is used to focus attention on certain elements of decor indoors. Pictures belong to such elements.
Reception with wide horizontal strip attractively looks in corridor. Availability of this element on wall will allow to reduce height of ceilings and to embroider narrow space. Thus, the corridor will look cozier. Also, use of this method of coloring at registration of the children’s room is allowed to select the drawings hanging on wall.
When choosing shades it is possible to be guided by the principle which has been described earlier. The wide horizontal strip optional has to be monophonic. Effectively coloring with easy gradient looks.
As it is beautiful to paint walls with aqueous emulsion ink: examples of patterns
The simplest option of decoration of the walls is causing large number of the horizontal or chaotically located strips and also geometrical patterns. Multi-colored strips or figures can be received, using painting adhesive tape.
Depending on the chosen style, it is possible to make several options:
- The drawing executed in the same color gamma as all interior of the room.
- The image decorated with bright inserts of contrast color.
- Separate elements or patterns.
For creation of separate patterns it is possible to use the press, cliche or the patten roller.
Developing the drawing for dressing of walls, it is necessary to consider some moments:
- style and general registration of interior;
- assignment of the room;
- level and type of lighting at wall;
- room size;
- the area of wall under painting.
With skills of drawing it is possible to use acrylic dye and brush.
Helpful advice! To facilitate process of drawing decor it is recommended to print out previously the drawing on the sheet of paper, and then to put over it grid from squares. Taking into account proportions the same grid is applied on wall by means of pencil. It will be necessary only to make transfer of the drawing consistently.
There are several options of transfer of the sketch on wall surface:
- Breakdown on contour. For this purpose it will be required to transfer the drawing to paper full-scale.
- Transfer by means of projector.
After the image is executed, traces of pencil should be erased and passed to painting the drawing. It is better if paint has consistence, average on density, otherwise the structure will spread on wall if liquid paint is used or to be imposed unevenly in case of stiff consistency.
Recommendations about design of walls painting in the apartment: rooms of different function
The decor of the painted walls is selected taking into account functional purpose of the room.
In the bedroom it is better to use quiet coloring and smooth lines. For the restroom it is relevant to use the image of bamboo or tree and also patterns in pastel shades. The room in style pop art will well add the big image in the form of portrait or the comic book. Drawing patterns on monophonic surface, images of the nature, city landscapes or space elements is allowed.
In kitchen it is recommended to use bright and joyful colors. As decor vegetable images or painting will approach: flowers, Oriental cherry, bamboo, still life from fruit, grapevine, elements of coffee subject.
In registration of the nursery the imagination is welcomed. If drawing the big and difficult image is supposed, it is recommended to paint the remained walls of the room in quiet monophonic color. It is possible to make similar to the real tree which forms on wall by means of paint and inserts from papier-mache. Interestingly the option with use of illumination in the form of daisies or bulbs which will place accents looks and will give fantastic mood to the drawing. As subjects of the image animated heroes, animal, the star sky, plants, elements of sea subject or colourful ornaments will approach.
Finishing of walls in the apartment the hands: how to paint surface with aqueous emulsion ink
Basic color of water emulsion dye is white. The shade is adjusted by addition in structure of certain pigment in necessary quantity. Most often the tinting is carried out directly in shop after the buyer has picked up the pleasant color for the catalog.
Pay attention! Use of color in combination with white paint allows to receive about 200 different shades.
Tinting of structure can execute and independently, but this process has certain difficulties:
- Before coloring it is necessary to calculate and prepare all necessary volume of paint. If there is not enough dye, will be problematic to recreate similar shade in the second party.
- During the work with colors laws of elementary mixing of flowers not always work. For example, all know that yellow and red shades give orange color. If in structure several colors are used, the result can turn out unpredictable.
- There is risk to go too far in addition of pigment. As a result the shade can turn out more saturated or dark.
What roller to paint walls with aqueous emulsion ink
There are several types of rollers for aqueous emulsion ink for walls. These tools are classified by production material type.
Velour – meets on sale extremely seldom. Material is characterized by the weak absorbing ability therefore such tool should be dipped into paint more often than any other type of the roller, but at the same time the result of painting turns out ideal.
Foam rubber – the most budgetary and popular version of the tool. The high absorbing ability belongs to minuses of such rollers. The tool absorbs too much paint therefore on wall bubbles can form. The surface of covering turns out rough. It is recommended to use the roller with high density, however such type of the tool can be found only in specialized shops.
Pile – suitable option for coloring of walls the hands. Thickness of the imposed coat of paint depends on pile length. Quite often fur of natural origin is applied to production of such rollers. The similar tool possesses long life cycle.
How to paint walls with aqueous emulsion ink: preparatory stage
Before carrying out coloring, the basis needs to be prepared. At the same time it is desirable to receive ideally plain surface. The wall is leveled by means of putty or pasted over with wall-paper under painting. If on surface there is whitewashing or oil paint, the wall should be cleaned carefully as these types of materials cannot be covered with water emulsion structure.
When the basis is completely cleaned, it should be checked regarding cracks and dredging. All these flaws are eliminated by means of putty. After that the surface becomes covered with primer.
Helpful advice! To improve result of seal of cracks putty, it is recommended to expand previously artificially defect and to eliminate uneven edges which in the future can fall off. Then everything carefully is protected and smoothes out.
The grounding structure is applied on wall by means of the roller. This layer will enhance adhesive properties of dye and also will allow to reduce structure expense. The matter is that after putting primer time in wall therefore the size of the absorbing surface decreases is blocked.
The choice of coloring for walls painting by water emulsion dye
Tinting of the painting structure pigment can execute independently. To exclude mistakes, it is necessary to follow the basic rules of work with color additives:
- coloring pigments do not belong to the category of universal additives. These elements are combined only with certain types of structures;
- in the course of selection of coloring you should not consider all options. It is enough to be limited to the reduced catalogs where all possible options are already specified;
- it is desirable “to try on” in advance pleasant shade to the room or wall. The designer can help with it or it is possible to consider photo of interiors in this color gamma. Quite often it turns out so that in the catalog color looks warm and attractive, but on the scale of interior it can cause irritation. Less saturated shades provide comfort indoors;
- specialists recommend to carry out trial coloring on the small site of wall. Use even of several flowers is allowed. Purchase of small amount of dye for test will cost cheaper, than disappointment in the chosen color and repeated coloring of the room;
- if the wall surface has the invoice, for example, coloring of structural wall-paper is supposed, it is worth carrying out trial coloring surely. The relief has impact on result of finishing and its perception;
- you should not forget that objective assessment of the invoice and shade is possible only after the last layer of structure fully dries. It is not necessary to rely on time specified by the producer in the passport accurately. Finishing of wall will only reach the final exterior 24 hours later, and it is better to wait not less than 48 hours.
Aqueous emulsion ink use: how to paint walls it is correct
Before work it is necessary to remove plinth. If such opportunity is absent, elements can be closed by means of painting adhesive tape. Platbands and window sills are in the same way blocked. The adhesive tape is also used in the decorative purposes to differentiate surface or to prevent its hit on ceiling.
Important! The adhesive tape needs to be removed right after putting paint. Otherwise dye will dry up over it, and edges of the painted surface can be deformed.
For convenient drawing, dye needs to be poured in pallet. The roller should be supplied with the handle of necessary length to have opportunity to carry out coloring of wall to the ceiling. For this purpose the plastic pipe or wooden stick will approach. It is better to begin process of coloring with corner. The angular zone of the room is studied by means of brush, and the roller is used further.
The tool needs to be dipped into the painting structure, to wring out on the special platform and to carry out smoothly on wall by movements up and down. At the same time it is necessary to take slightly already painted surface that paint laid down evenly. Thus, it is possible to get rid of abrupt junctions between the painted sites. Water emulsion dye grabs in 10-15 minutes. For this reason work needs to be expedited.
It is necessary to pass to study of the second corner when to edge there is distance equal to roller width. If coloring of adjacent wall is carried out at once, then it is possible to be engaged in the second adjoining corner. In the presence on wall of putty it is recommended to cause structure three times. Each subsequent layer is put after previous has completely dried. Producers specify time of full drying on packaging or application instructions. Most often on it from 2 to 4 hours leave. If finishing assumes coloring of wall-paper, it is possible to be limited also to one layer.
Process of coloring of walls by water emulsion structure is very simple and will not be special work even for beginners. Photos, recommendations and video instructions will allow to deal completely with all subtleties and to avoid mistakes during operating time. By means of paint it is possible to create unique design, having used cliches, unusual tools and also the table of combination of flowers.