Table of Contents
The kitchen is considered the center of gravity of any house. Several times a day here all family comes to eat and quietly to communicate at table. Registration of interior has to be special, adjusting on meal, communication and rest.
Photowall-paper, the effective decision for decor, allow to recover the room. They do the room non-standard, interesting, give it individual traits. Options of decor it is possible to find set. How to choose the most suitable? Let’s understand.
Photowall-paper on the characteristics differs from normal wall-paper a little. The following gets out of set of options of possible bases for production of photowall-paper:
- Paper cloth. It is normal thin paper, the method of offset printing on it applies the drawing. The only advantage of such material – low price. The covering differs in extremely low durability, quickly enough fades. If nevertheless it is chosen, it is the best of all at once after drawing than it on wall to cover the drawing with protective structure on acrylic basis.
- Paper basis with vinyl covering. The dense basis on which by means of the printer of wide format with high resolution the drawing is applied allows to imitate different invoices. The most widespread: canvas, painting, plaster, hoarfrost, sand, etc.
- Interlining. The most practical and strong material, it the most expensive and quite rare. The large-format printer of high resolution prints the image on dense flizelin cloth. Photowall-paper can have different invoices: painting, hoarfrost, sand, plaster, canvas, etc.
The same bases are used also for wall-paper made under the order in photoworkshop. Here as additional protection of cloth can offer lamination or varnishing of surface.
The kitchen is not only the place for meal. It here also prepares therefore the room has to be the cleanest that forces to choose materials for its finishing especially carefully. Also photowall-paper will not become exception. At their choice the attention is paid on:
- Density. It has to be rather high. The porous friable surface of material with low density very easily absorbs smells and dirt. Removal them is almost impossible afterwards. Therefore it is worth choosing more dense cloth with small amount of time.
- Vapor permeability. When cooking a lot of moisture is usually emitted, air humidity promptly grows. The surface of finishing of walls has to be “breathing” to have opportunity to pass steam and quickly to dry. Otherwise the mold and fungus inevitably will appear.
- Light resistance. Ultra-violet radiation is pernicious for the unprotected paints. Without special protection they very quickly burn out, and the cloth loses the attractive look. It is necessary to choose only wall-paper, steady against uv-radiation, especially if the room is located on sunny side of the house.
- Moisture resistance. The kitchen is inconceivable without regular wet cleaning. It is desirable that finishing of walls stood her. It is reasonable to select cloth with protecting cover.
We choose color scheme
Photowall-paper – not just room decor. With their help it is possible to create illusion of perspective, to visually expand borders of the room and “to correct” room geometry if in it need. The choice of photowall-paper for interior has to take place with obligatory accounting of all features of coloring:
- Shades of cool colors visually increase space. Such combinations are ideal for small rooms. The photopanel with the dominating blue, blue or green shades will well look in small-size kitchen. One nuance: you should not choose as too saturated bright tone, they have to be light, slightly muffled.
- Light to the dark room will be brought by warm color gamma. It will strengthen also feeling of heat and cosiness, especially if it is the image with dominance of red, orange or yellow tones.
- The monochrome photopanel will stylish add the interior oversaturated in flowers. Motley walls and bright facades of kitchen furniture will be harmonized and counterbalanced by the one-color image.
We determine the image size
Having chosen color gamma of photopanel, it is necessary to determine its sizes. It is very important point. The impression which is made by new interior will depend on right choice. Designers recommend to be guided by several simple rules:
- The kitchen of the big size divided into several small zones demands decor in the form of rather small images. Expressively and stylish will look narrow vertically or horizontally oriented compositions. At the same time the first will also “extend” the room up, and the second – is visually moved apart the room.
- The decorative panel occupying all wall – the excellent decision for the spacious room. It is worth to remember that such large-scale bright accent will draw attention to itself therefore to overload the room with excess furniture or accessories is not necessary.
- For small rooms the firm rule works: the less kitchen, the smaller by the size there has to be decor for it. It is the best of all to paste photowall-paper in such rooms by the principle of panel, that is to select compositions of the small size. With special caution it is necessary to treat the idea to fill walls of small kitchen with large landscapes. Many are sure that the nature pictures occupying all wall “will move apart” close space. This delusion, effect will be the return. If there is a strong wish to use such decision, it is possible to advise to glue photopanel only on one wall. The image has to be in the lightest tones, and water, the sky or free space has to occupy not less than a third of the area of the photo.
- Visually it is possible “to move apart” walls by means of photowall-paper creating illusions. Skillfully picked up images with open door, open window or the ladder which is taking away up excellently work for perspective and visually expand space.
The colourful photowall-paper occupying all wall well zones the room. Designers especially often use this reception in so-called apartments of studio design where to one spacious room the living room, kitchen and the dining room integrate.
It is impossible to forget that photowall-paper – dominant of kitchen interior. They concentrate attention on themselves, without allowing any competition. Optimal variant for such decor – interior in minimalist, it is possible even ascetic interior with total absence of excess accents. It is worth following the main rule in registration design: the image, the quieter it background is more effective and brighter.
As practice shows, many believe that for kitchen it is necessary to choose only wall-paper with “kitchen” plot. However it absolutely not so. Not only colourful images of ware or elegant still lifes can be located on walls of this room. Competently picked up cloth even if on the subject which does not have relations to kitchen can thinly emphasize style of interior. For example, the African landscapes will be perfectly combined with mats on floor and rattan furniture. And the cracked window with great view of the blossoming fields of lavender organically will fit into the interior issued in Provencal style.
Correctly we glue photowall-paper
Wallpapering – quite simple action. Even not the not most experienced finisher if desired will be able to cope with it. It is only necessary not to hurry and with the maximum accuracy to carry out instructions.
The special equipment for carrying out finishing work is not required, however it is necessary to prepare:
- pencil, tape measure and ruler with smooth edges;
- sharp knife, it is possible clerical;
- rollers from rubber for smoothing of wall-paper;
- glue brushes: wide for pasting of panels and walls, and also small for spreading of joints;
- step-ladder or steady support of the necessary height;
- dry clean rags.
The glue choice – responsible task. From that, material is picked how truly up, the result of work depends. Specialists advise to select the glue which is specially intended for wall-paper of a certain type. The simple rule works: than wall-paper is thicker, glue has to be that, respectively, more densely. The optimum choice – wall-paper and glue from one firm.
If panels very dense and thick, perhaps, also the special structure for gluing joints is required. Upon purchase of glue it is necessary to consider that its quantity has to be enough not only panels, but also walls for spreading that guarantees the strongest gluing. It is necessary to dissolve glue just before application.
The producer usually puts the detailed guide to gluing of cloths to photowall-paper. It surely should be studied attentively to receive guaranteed faultless result. If photowall-paper has been ordered in workshop, it is necessary to specify surely all features of material and to receive exhaustive recommendations about their gluing.
Preparation of walls
The wall on which photowall-paper will lay down afterwards has to be dry, smooth and absolutely clean. Various roughnesses should be removed, otherwise they will ugly act from under cloth. Especially if wall-paper thin.
The surface needs to be vacuumed to remove even the smallest particles of pollution, and to wash away all spots. Besides it is necessary to remove all fragments of old wall-paper even if they small by the sizes.
Before to begin to unhang old wall-paper, it is the best of all to close floor plastic or any other material which will protect surface from excessive pollution. It is possible to gain the special structure softening covering or to use the glass of vinegar dissolved in warm water. The surface of wall-paper is smoothed out by metal brush, then the prepared structure is applied on it.
Approximately in half an hour the sodden covering can be removed, having pulled for panel corner. If everything has been made correctly, wall-paper will be unhung by integral strip. If something has not turned out, operation is repeated or special soft scraper remove the remains of panels. Happens that it is impossible to unhang wall-paper which has served the from wall. In this case it is possible to paste new panels over old though it and is extremely undesirable. It is difficult to foretell how finishing materials will react to combination. Besides dark or motley wall-paper can be visible through freshly glued cloth.
For the best transfer of paints, especially if photowall-paper of light tones, specialists advise to paint the prepared wall with white aqueous emulsion ink. After its full drying suitable primer is applied on surface. If the sizes of photowall-paper match wall, it is possible to start pasting. If mounting of photopanel is planned, then it is necessary to carry out preliminary marking of wall. It should be noted borders of cloth and to check the accuracy of horizontal and vertical level.
Wall-paper should be prepared for gluing correctly. At first it is necessary to cut off the white fields located at the edges of panels. It is necessary to make it most exactly. Therefore scissors cannot be used. Operation is carried out by means of sharp knife and ruler. As a result cloths with smooth edges which are ideally joined with each other have to turn out. We prepare “base” for work. On floor it is worth spreading plastic foil on which panels for putting glue will keep within.
Process of gluing of photowall-paper
Glue is applied on photowall-paper. If they dense, they need to be contracted the greased party inside and to leave for treatment for some time. While wall-paper soak, glue is abundant is applied on wall. The first panel keeps within into place and is leveled strictly on tags, without allowing distortions. By means of the roller wall-paper is driven into the corner, from under cloth the bubbles with air worsening quality of gluing, and excesses of glue are removed. The glue which has acted on joints accurately is removed rags. It is necessary to do it carefully not to damage paint layer.
The following panels are glued in the direction from right to left. The second strip keeps within into place with overlap so that the image was precisely combined. The joint is properly smoothed by the roller to wall. Then from top to bottom the sharp knife on ruler carries out section precisely through combination. Scraps are thrown out. Small brush we coat with glue the place of joint from that party where the strip has been cut, and again we drive wall-paper the roller into the corner. All panels are similarly pasted. In the conclusion the protective layer preserving material against ultraviolet rays, the increased humidity and other destroying influences if necessary is applied on photowall-paper. Until the covering completely does not dry out, the room needs to be protected from drafts, not to open window and even window leaf.
As alternative to paper wall covering the self-adhesive film with photo printing can serve. However, it is rather difficult to mount it. Material represents covering with the sticky layer applied on it closed by protective paper. When laying it is necessary to remove it and, having driven film into the corner, accurately and quickly to straighten, pasting into place. The gluing layer under the influence of air promptly collapses therefore it is necessary to work not only precisely, but also quickly. It is impossible to correct defects which can arise when gluing, thus, to inexperienced finishers best of all not to work with this material.
We glue border
For some photowall-paper, especially those which are used as panel the additional decor can be required. Most often it is the border forming the peculiar frame framing the image. The border has to be made of one with wall-paper material. In this case they will look most organically. In shops it is possible to pick up paper, flizelin and vinyl elements. They are glued by means of the same structure which pasted photowall-paper. Also the so-called self-adhesive decor meets. Specialists recommend for more reliable connection to apply glue and on such materials.
Preparation of wall for gluing of border differs in nothing from the process of preparation of basis for gluing of wall-paper described already. The gluing structure is applied on wall and covering, if necessary time necessary on While wall-paper soak, glue is abundant is applied on wall. papers is maintained, the element keeps within on the right place and is well smoothed. The rubber roller which bubbles and excesses of glue are removed is surely used. They should be moved away accurately rags.
The main complexity at glue of border – creation of accurate equal “frame” for the image. If at element there is drawing, it has to match precisely in design corners, forming continuous pattern. It can achieve, having only perfectly executed joint of two parts at an angle in 45 °. In corners elements are pasted with an overlap so that they blocked each other.
Over strip the ruler keeps within. It has to be located strictly on diagonal. Then the sharp knife carries out section through both parts. The scrap from horizontal part of border accurately is removed. Then the same edge carefully not to break off wet material, rises and cleans up the cut-off part of vertical strip. The element is slightly greased with glue, returns to the place, with effort is driven into the corner and smoothed. If the procedure seems too difficult, at first it is worth being trained on scraps of normal wall-paper.
To register kitchen photowall-paper – the good decision for non-standard decor of interior. Competently picked up image will change the room, will change its geometry and for a long time will become the real center of gravity for all who enter the room. The main thing – not to be mistaken in selection of color gamma, the size and the location of decor. Correctly picked up and qualitatively pasted photopanel will please all members of household, decorating the most demanded room in the house.