Table of Contents
There is set of materials which can be used for registration and updating of interior. The plaster tile under brick – one of the best options as differs in excellent heat-insulating properties, resistance to temperature drops and humidity, and, above all, is absolutely eco-friendly. In article it will be considered how it is the best of all to stack this material and on what it is worth paying special attention when mounting.
Advantages and shortcomings of plaster tile under brick for interior finish
Use of plaster tile under brick as finishing material has the mass of positive properties, each of which is noteworthy:
- small weight of material. Because the plaster tile many times of easier many other materials, is facilitated the procedure of mounting and there is no need to make strengthening of basis which is compulsory procedure in many other cases. It is also possible to note that the loading rendered on design in general decreases;
- independently the beginner cannot even install. Also there is no need for acquisition of any special purpose tool. Moreover, having studied recommendations of how to make decorative stone with own hands, it is quite possible to refuse acquisition of ready material in favor of self-made;
- environmental friendliness. Considering that all components and materials of which the tile consists, are natural, this material does not pose threat for human health;
- the wide range with possibility of the choice of various colors, textures and imitations of other materials;
- it is possible to buy plaster tile at quite affordable price.
Thanks to these positive aspects, many owners of houses and the designer consider that to buy tile under brick for interior finish – the best decision from all that are offered in the modern market. Thus, it is possible to diversify interior, at the same time having spent very few means and efforts to alteration.
Though it is worth paying attention and to some shortcomings which though are not essential, nevertheless have to be considered in advance:
- material is not steady against moisture, actively absorbing it at contact. As a result of product deformations are strongly subject. To avoid it, at application conditions in rooms with the increased humidity, apply layer of special protective structure on surface;
- plaster tile – fragile material which is unstable to mechanical influences and demands care;
- look after such tile it can be difficult, in particular, if its surface relief and is capable to accumulate dust.
- to minimize the similar negative phenomena which can be characteristic directly of this material it is important to observe all recommendations in the course of mounting. And also you should not use this material for facing of surfaces which are strongly subject to pollution.
Plaster tile under brick: different ways of laying of material
Laying of plaster tile under brick can be made by one of set of ways. Full or partial wall decoration enjoys the greatest popularity. In the second case material is combined with other finishing materials, for example, wall-paper, decorative plaster, tile.
The excellent decision – use of decorative tile under stone for registration of door openings or arches. Sometimes the decorative tile under brick is used for registration of mirrors or niche. The similar decision allows not only to make exterior more attractive, but also to protect some surfaces from pollution and wear.
Helpful advice! Tile brick – excellently suitable material for registration of fireplace. It not only is steady against influence of the increased temperatures, but also is fireproof.
To record elements on surface, it is possible to use one of two technologies: dry, providing use of fastening elements (bolts and rails) or wet at which special glue for plaster tile is used.
How to prepare surface for laying of plaster tile
Laying of decorative plaster tile for interior finish demands preliminary work, directed to preparing surface with which it is necessary to work. The procedure has to be made step by step with obligatory observance of order of stages and all recommendations which are provided:
- the first that needs to be made – to level surface. For elimination of defects it is possible to use putty which allows to eliminate effectively even the smallest cracks;
- then the surface is cleaned from dust and dirt by means of water and is left before full drying;
- after that it is possible to pass to work with tile, first of all, having paid attention to issue of its sorting and removal of the rejected products which form does not conform to requirements.
Important! In the course of work it is recommended to refuse use of the elements having any defect: chips, cracks and so forth. Otherwise it can negatively affect not only exterior of laying, but also its durability.
If only integral tiles from plaster are not enough for registration of surface, it is possible to cut missing elements independently. For this purpose it is possible to use hacksaw.
Among other tools which can be necessary in the course of laying of decorative tile – the drill necessary to make the openings necessary for laying of communications. And also abrasive paper if you have decided to resort to wet way of laying. It is used to increase the level of adhesion of rear side of tile.
Secrets of laying of the tile imitating brick on the different bases
The decorative tile under brick for interior finish can be easily laid on any basis, including concrete, metal, brick, wood, etc. The main rules which it is necessary to observe – not exposure of the basis to deformations and shrinkage and also carrying out preliminary works on alignment of the basis.
During the work with concrete surface, special attention should be paid to question of porosity. As solution to use special primer which will lower absorbency indicators a little. At the same time, for recently laid out brick walls similar processing is not required. As for glue which can be used for this purpose, that which is intended for laying of tile quite will approach.
If it is necessary to work with quite old brickwork, then it is necessary to carry out cleaning of wall saltpetres in advance, having applied primer on surface. After that the wall is plastered.
Quite often it is necessary to work also with less fundamental bases, for example, plasterboard or plywood partitions. In this case, before buying plaster tile under brick, it is necessary to be convinced of structural strength, and that it will sustain the loading rendered on it. Also it is worth paying attention to the level of humidity of surface.
The base of a wall has to be the driest, and all elements strongly and are reliably fixed. In this case it is possible to apply primer on surface. During the work with the wooden basis, over it fiberglass which in effect is plastered is glued.
It is important! Before starting laying of the plaster tile on wall surface made of plywood or gypsum cardboard it is necessary to be convinced that she is not inclined to deformation.
Features of mounting of plaster tile by dry method
In order that the covering laid from plaster tile by dry method was reliable and attractive, it is necessary to think of observance of rules of technology in advance. First of all it is necessary to take care of availability of special ledges and grooves of each element on each side.
The procedure of mounting is provided by the following sequence of actions:
- From one of corners of the room the distance is measured, it is equal to width of the chosen tile. On this place the wooden rail of the corresponding size is fixed.
- The tile keeps within aperture which was formed as a result of fixing of vertical rail. This procedure has to be carried out from top to down.
- In order that it is reliable to fix elements, I use screws and bolts.
- After that from the first rail measure again the distance equal to tile width then the procedure repeats until all surface is not issued properly.
Features of mounting of plaster tile by wet method
In order that exactly and beautifully to lay plaster tile by wet method, it is necessary to use a bit different approach. First of all the marking of ranks will be required. If laying of different elements (for example, on wall there will be drawing) is planned, it is worth making the layout on floor in advance.
Preparation of glue solution also demands special attention as for one approach it is worth mixing so much how many you will be able to develop for the short period of time. Otherwise it can deteriorate.
Unlike the last way, wet laying has to begin from below from corner, gradually progressing aside and up. At the same time the layer of glue solution applied on reverse side of each element should not be thicker than 2 mm.
Important! There are two options of wet laying: end-to-end and with use of pointing. In the first case elements keep within closely the friend to the friend, and in the second it will be necessary to leave certain gap at what it is desirable identical between all elements.
Some nuances and recommendations of specialists in laying of plaster tile
In the course of work it is useful to know some subtleties which will allow to receive the most qualitative and esthetically attractive result.
So, specialists provide the following recommendations:
- plaster, despite durability of structure, differs in the increased fragility. Therefore in the course of work with it, it is necessary to be careful to avoid excessive consumption of material;
- if the tile under brick keeps within in kitchen, then width of seams can be quite big – 8-10 mm. It will allow to reduce material consumption significantly;
- use of scraps of tile is admissible, however, it is necessary to do it whenever possible in the lower part of wall or on those sites which will be closed further by furniture;
- in the course of gluing of tile it needs to be pressed into surface rotational motions that all excesses of glue have acted on each side. Further they can be used for sealing of joints.
Important! Speed of grasp of glue structure which is used for plaster tile – 30 minutes. It is extremely important to manage to smooth down during this time all seams and to eliminate the excess of solution.
Final finishing of plaster tile means polish of the jammed seams. At the same time it is worth taking into account that additional correction will be necessary to joints obligatory as in the course of drying they tend to change color. To give to covering desirable exterior, the intertiled space is covered with aqueous emulsion ink layer, and then it is delicious.
Whether it is worth buying plaster tile under brick: material cost
If desired to buy the plaster bricks intended for finishing and facing of surface it is worth getting acquainted with the prices which are offered by different popular producers in advance.
For example, the tile price under brick for exterior finish will be 10 times more taking into account that at structure there is set of the elements designed to improve characteristics of material and to make it steadier.
How to make with own hands tile from plaster: manufacturing techniques
As it is possible to guess from the name, one of the main components of such tile – plaster. It is recommended to use the material marked as gf 10 as its characteristics completely conform to all requirements. Plaster of this brand is rather strong, has long operational term and well transfers loadings.
If for any reason to buy this material it was not possible, it is possible to condense in addition any other, having added to it special the strengtheners designed to improve material properties. But even in this case it should be taken into account that such facing tile under brick, for external finishing is not used.
So, we will try to understand, as house of condition to make the plaster suitable for facing of surfaces and at the same time rather steady against external influence.
For this purpose the following materials can be used:
- paraffin (it is possible to use normal candles);
- cardboard box;
- silicone sealant.
Of course, it is the simplest to use ready silicone mold for tile which will significantly simplify the procedure of production and will allow to reduce time spent on that. But in general it is possible to make form for plaster tile and independently, having used sculptural plasticine.
To make form, sculptural plasticine is rolled with even layer which thickness has to be about 20 mm. Then using the most ordinary brick, inside do prints which will serve as forms for outflow.
Also for creation of form for decorative stone the hands it is possible to use paraffin. It needs to be melted and filled in in box of the corresponding size which the brick can enter. After paraffin completely stiffens, it can be taken and used as form. The same way will approach also in case of work with silicone sealant.
What is the time will occupy production of plaster tile under stone, directly depends on that how many forms will be prepared. It is better if there will be a lot of them. Then less approaches will be required to cast necessary quantity of elements.
Process of production of plaster brick for interior finish looks as follows:
- plaster needs to be filled in capacity and to add water that solution of creamy consistence has turned out;
- forms in which the cement of plaster for hardening will be poured have to be previously greased with fat or oil that further elements easily could be taken;
- having poured structure in form, accurately stir up it that solution was distributed evenly.
It is important! If you have noticed availability of water which separates from plaster after solution has been mixed, then it needs to be poured out and prepared new once again, observing all instructions ordered by the producer.
Plaster tile – excellent facing material which is capable to change room interior significantly. With its help it is possible to issue originally niches, ledges, flights of stairs and also to zone space. The main thing – is correct to pick up the place of its arrangement to avoid contact with moisture and the raised mechanical loadings. In this case the decorative tile under brick for long years will be decoration of your interior.