Table of Contents
In modern construction large number of different roofing materials is used and the professional flooring is one of the most popular among them. There are two main characteristics when choosing such material as professional flooring for roof: sheet size and price. Each of types of construction products has the features which should be considered upon purchase and mounting, and the price for leaf depends on number of factors.
What is professional flooring and in what its feature
The professional flooring is the metal pro-thinned-out sheet which is widely applied in many spheres of construction. For arrangement of roof only part from all variety of options of this material is used. Except large number of types of professional flooring for roof distinguish also bearing sheets which are used for creation of overlappings between floors, and wall, serving for exterior finish of walls.
The main differences between different types of roofing professional flooring consist with sheet sizes, height corrugations and type of polymeric covering.
It is possible to distinguish the following from advantages of professional flooring:
- ease and compactness – it is convenient to store material and just to transport;
- the pro-thinned-out leaf is capable to sustain heavy load at the expense of corrugated form therefore it can successfully be applied to arrangement of roof with different tilt angle of slope;
- the minimum quantity of waste when cutting – professional flooring is cut precisely in the size that allows to save money;
- simplicity of mounting – roof by means of this material is equipped not only with small amount of efforts, but also for rather small period.
The most optimum in question of ratio of cost and quality is the galvanized professional flooring for roof, the prices for which are much lower, than on sheets with covering from polyvinylfluoride. At the same time he can brag of high rates of durability and reliability.
What it is necessary to pay attention at material selection to
There is number of parameters on which it is worth paying attention upon purchase of professional flooring to roof. What is better to choose option – depends in many respects on your financial opportunities and also from planned like roof. Anyway first of all it is worth looking at quality of initial material. On sheets there should not be dents, scratches and other visible damages. Low-quality sheets can be noticed even in packaging.
Very important parameter is also bearing capacity of leaf. Consider that the flat or duo-pitch roof will be exposed to heavy loads, especially in the winter therefore sheets of professional flooring for roof which you are going to buy have to be rather big thickness, and height corrugations has to be not less than 8 mm.
It is also necessary to consider sheet sizes of professional flooring and the price of them. The size is defined by parameters of your roof, and the price depends on type of covering, the producer and other characteristics.
Helpful advice! If you do not understand characteristics of this or that type of material, then you can request detailed information on its characteristics from the producer.
Types and sizes of sheets of professional flooring
To understand what professional flooring is better for roof of certain type, it is necessary to be guided in the main grades of material.
All sheets have certain marking:
- C – the professional flooring which is usually used for finishing of walls, but can be applied also to roofing works. Has average characteristics of thickness and height corrugations. It is not expected heavy load therefore for roofs it can be used only where there is no risk of loss of large amount of rainfall;
- H – sheets with big bearing capacity, best of all are suitable for arrangement of roof. Corrugations are characterized by the maximum thickness and height, can maintain heavy loads. Some models are specially equipped with additional grooves for ensuring the maximum durability;
- HC — universal grade of material, can be used both for finishing of walls, and for arrangement of roof. The price for leaf of professional flooring for roof is not much higher, than at other options, and distinctive characteristics are average values of durability and small height corrugations.
Galvanized professional flooring for roof: sheet sizes
If in detail to stop on sheet sizes of roofing professional flooring and characteristics of different brands, then it should be noted that for arrangement of roof the options considered below are recommended.
C10 – is characterized by trapezoid corrugation, used for arrangement of roof with rather big tilt angle. It is most often used for economic and pre-fabricated constructions. Height of profile is 10 mm, and professional flooring sheet sizes for roof of this kind are from 0.5 to 12 m in length and 1.15 m width. Working width of leaf – 1.1 m.
C20 and C21 – ridge sheets which become covered by different types of polymers for protection against negative impacts. In comparison with the previous option it is characterized by higher rates of durability, but also it can be used on roofs with big corner of slope. The recommended furring step for sheets of this type – 80 cm. The sizes of roofing professional flooring of this look are from 0.5 to 12 m in length and 1.05 m width, and working width of leaf – 1 m.
HC35 – sheets with polymeric covering and additional ridge surface. Are characterized by the raised strength indices and tightness, are used at furring step up to 1.5 m. The recommended roof tilt angle when using professional flooring of this type – from 15 degrees. This type of galvanized professional flooring for roof has also from 0.5 to 12 m in length, the general width of leaf is 1.06 m, the worker – 1 m.
HC44 – is also supplied with additional stiffening fins and used as roofing covering at tilt angles of slopes from 15 degrees. It can be used at furring step from 3 meters that does it by great option for arrangement of roof of big buildings. Length of leaf is from 0.5 to 12 m with the general width in 1.07 m. Working width – 1 m.
H57 – professional flooring with the increased characteristics of durability which to it are given by availability of additional trenches. Differs in the big height of profile, it is applied on roofs with furring step from 3 m. If you need to buy galvanized professional flooring for roofs of industrial constructions or for roof with the raised loading, then it is your option. Length of leaf can be up to 14 m, and the general width – 0.8 m at working width in 0.75 m.
H60 – profile with utilization properties almost identical to the previous option, but with bigger thickness. Also differs in the increased size corrugations, it can be used for arrangement of flat roof with the maximum step of furring to 3 m. The maximum length of leaf – 14.5 m, the general width – 0.9 m, the worker – 0.84 m.
H75 – one of the strongest and reliable options of roofing covering with the maximum height of profile. It can be applied on roof with furring step to 4.5 m. At rather high price of leaf the sizes of roofing professional flooring of this type are up to 14.5 m in length, and the general and useful width of leaf – 0.8 and 0.75 m respectively.
H114 – the strongest and steady option of roofing professional flooring against loadings. Has additional stiffening fins, height of leaf is 114 mm, length – to 13 m, the general width – 0.64 m, working width – 0.6 m. The price for leaf of professional flooring for roof of this kind corresponds to its utilization properties, that is is at rather high level.
Helpful advice! When choosing one of the above described options of roofing covering it is worth paying attention also to such characteristic as the weight of one square meter of material. Depending on this parameter it is necessary to calculate the device of roof and furring.
If you are going to buy professional flooring for roof, the prices for leaf in many respects depend on type and thickness of polymeric covering and also thickness of the leaf.
For arrangement of roof you can use also some versions of the wall pro-thinned-out sheet. For example, technical characteristics of professional flooring of C-8 allow to apply it at arrangement of roof with big tilt angle. Of course, it does not differ in special durability and can be used only in the presence of continuous furring, but there is, at least, one powerful reason to buy professional flooring for roof – the price for square meter of this type. In some cases use of cheap option of material is justified, though it should not be abused.
Advantages of different types of professional flooring
It is possible to classify this material by several parameters. First, it is the sphere of its application, secondly – type of protecting cover. In the first parameter distinguish the roofing, bearing and wall pro-thinned-out leaf, but as now it is about what professional flooring to choose for roof, we will consider in detail types of covering of this kind of material.
Galvanization – the simplest and cheap type of protection of leaf against corrosion. It turns out by immersion of material in the melted zinc, and thickness of layer is from 25 to 30 mn. Such professional flooring is used for construction of roof and restoration works, does not differ in high utilization properties. The main advantage – low price. The question where to buy professional flooring for roof, will not make difficulties, such type of covering is on sale in any specialized hardware store.
Zinc aluminium – more reliable covering which well protects roof from adverse effect of hostile chemical environment, thanks to availability of aluminum in structure. Sheets with such covering perfectly will be suitable for arrangement of roof near the automobile highway or in the industrial region where there is big percent of the corroding substances at air. On roof photo from professional flooring of this kind it is visible that this material does not differ in special variety in respect of design.
Plastisol – organic polymer from which covering can have thickness up to 200 mn. It allows professional flooring to maintain with polymeric covering mechanical influences without special harm for integrity of leaf and its exterior. Besides, it is possible to carry the high level of resistance to negative natural and chemical impacts to advantages of such covering. Weaknesses of plastisol – direct exposure to sunshine from which it loses color and also sharp temperature drops.
Polyester – the most widespread option of covering with good utilization properties and attractive exterior.
Pural – covering from polyurethane which relatively has appeared recently in the market. It is characterized by resistance to any negative impacts and variety of options of design.
Polydifluorionad – the option of covering, steadiest against impact of corrosion, of the pro-thinned-out leaf. Differs in rich color palette which do not burn out over time. It is possible to carry rather high cost to shortcomings.
Helpful advice! Whatever option of covering you have chosen, it is worth improving indicators of protection of leaf by means of thin varnish coat and paint. Use of special paints and varnishes and their regular updating will allow to reduce corrosion probability almost to zero.
Types and characteristics of complementary elements for roof from professional flooring
Additional elements are used at registration of nodes of roof from professional flooring. Such elements serve for protection of joints against water ingress and also for giving of roof of the finished look.
The most widespread options of complementary elements are:
- the hood mold – protects eaves and does not allow rain water to get on building facade. It is attached to the last board of furring by means of roofing self-tapping screws for professional flooring, mounted with overlap in 10 cm;
- the edge level – is mounted on edge of profile leaf. Mounting can be carried out with an overlap or precisely on sheet size. Edge levels it is possible to fix by means of roofing or ridge self-tapping screws, and to do it it is necessary prior to laying of roofing material;
- the bold level – is established under ridge element for giving of bigger attractiveness to it;
- the fad – very important element which protects the upper line of convergence of slopes. Always is fixed in upper point of wave of leaf and it is in addition pressurized by means of sealant. Seams between elements are recommended to be filled in with special sealant to provide reliable protection against moisture hit;
- the snow retention level – is mounted approximately in 30 cm from eaves, serves in order that all mass of snow did not gather on it;
- splats – serve for protection of places of connections of sheets, are mounted in places of their joints;
- the valley gutter – connects slopes to different tilt angles and also acts as the hydroinsulator.
The most part of complementary elements is made of galvanized steel which can have polymeric covering under color of professional flooring. The price of elements depends on type and thickness of this covering, and the cheapest option is simple galvanization.
How to mount professional flooring for roof: sheet sizes
The sizes of sheets of professional flooring can be the most various and are within 0.8-1.15 m in width and 0.5-14 m in length.
Regardless of what sizes of material you have chosen for arrangement of the roof, their mounting is always carried out in the following order:
- furring is established. Thickness of the boards used for this purpose depends on leaf wave height, and step between them – on its sizes and also maximum safe load on material. For example, if you use thin professional flooring of C8 with the small height of wave, then furring has to be continuous, and for strong and heavy H144 the step can make about 4 meters;
- the insulation course is mounted. For this purpose with an overlap several layers of waterproofing material as which the normal polyethylene film or special materials can act keep within;
- counterfurring from wooden bars is established. It serves for ventilation creation and also for reliable fastening of waterproofing course;
- to furring the type of the pro-thinned-out leaf chosen by you fastens. It becomes by means of special roofing self-tapping screws;
- in the place of change of roof the valley gutter is mounted. It protects roof from moisture and fastens by means of self-tapping screws with sealants.
Helpful advice! In places of fastening of sheets it is recommended to use special sealant for seal of slots. It will prevent moisture penetration under sheets of roofing material.
What the professional flooring price of roof depends on: how much is material for roof
Choosing type of such roofing material as professional flooring, it is important to consider the financial opportunities.
The cost of mounting of roof on the basis of the pro-thinned-out leaf depends on such factors as:
- cost of the material;
- cost of accessory materials, for example, waterproofings;
- area of roof.
On many specialized websites there are special calculators which allow to count quickly the price of arrangement of roof taking into account these parameters. Remember that there is set of options of professional flooring. What is better for the rooftop in your case – to solve to you.