Table of Contents
Decades the profile pipe is made: the sizes (standard and stipulated by the customer) are provided in wide assortment. Process of production of products of square section is more difficult than technique of production of roundish pipes. Their cost is justified additional labor costs. Use of the special equipment and the laborious work assuming use of the latest technologies – quality assurance of the pro-thinned-out products.
Features of hot-rolled and cold-rolled production of pipes
Pipes call hollow thin-walled and thick-walled metal rods of different format. Judging by the outputs and purchases, the most demanded are round and square seamless products. Their consumption increases in process of growth of economy and needs of the population. The line of products extends, the different sizes of profile pipe of square section are offered.
Profile pipes are the products of the closed profile which are released from rolled iron. The domestic and foreign companies, improving technologies of release, offer competitive goods. Basic sizes of profile pipes of rectangular cross section (and also square and oval) are stated in tables on the official sites of producers. Deviations are stipulated by managers with the specific buyer.
The pro-thinned-out pipes undergo molding of sheet metal plate in the set parameters. Process consists of several stages, comes to the end with processing of products on calibration camp and welding of seam. Maximum sizes of rectangular pipes are set initially, the standard – 12 m, the short profile is cut from 1 to 9 m. The enterprises release products from available raw materials on the special equipment, their range is limited to specifications. The profile is made from the carbonaceous brands alloyed and high-alloy (with the content of chrome, molybdenum, nickel, manganese) became, resistant to corrosion and high temperature.
Features of production of profile metal production of pipes
On method of production profile pipes are hot formed and cold-rolled.
Thanks to plasticity of metals profiling of any steel preparations is available under the influence of high temperatures.
On cut (in section) pipes have the form:
The flat oval arch profile (or oval pipes) is not less demanded, and its production grows. The technology of their molding practically does not differ from rolling of standard profile pipes. It is kind of intermediate option between round and rectangular designs, and indicators of quality and endurance at them 10 times more, than at these products.
The technology of release of standard dimension of pipes assumes:
- method of cold molding of roundish products press;
- welding of rectangular sheets of steel.
Important! Rolling cost with weld is lower, than the price of integral pipes. There is no need to doubt their quality: the joint before obtaining the certificate and act of acceptance is checked by the defectoscope.
Any pipe size (in inches and oo) about two technologies significantly differing from each other form:
- Welding method of sheet or tape profile (the seam can reduce product quality only at essential loadings, and the goods have the smaller price).
- Roundish rods undergo pressing of preparations of the same form on the rolling mill (technology more costly, seamless products take out maximum load in vertical frameworks).
Multifunctionality and key parameters of pipes with stiffening fins
At technology forming of steel pipe the sizes correspond to the set length, the form when rolling is given rectangular (square) with 4 stiffening fins. At the exit the structural tubing shape turns out. It is distinguished with configuration from normal round pipes. Products from cold deformed rolling at cost insignificantly differ from other versions. By use of cold technology release the aluminum or galvanized shape, it is in addition given anticorrosion properties.
Helpful advice! It is recommended to look through before purchase in prices of the price of finished goods, considering obvious economy and cost of delivery to the region.
The increased demand for the aluminum shape is justified by technical parameters:
- resistance to physical impact;
- small weight at the considerable sizes of metal pipes;
- the increased durability at sufficient plasticity of metal;
- insignificant deviations at deformations;
- wide range of application;
- the affordable prices of all aluminum and galvanized range taking into account standard sizes of pipes.
In the territory of the Russian Federation more than 400 enterprises specialize in release of the pro-thinned-out and round steel pipes. They differ in the range of section and wall thickness, their application is almost boundless.
According to size tables of the pipes which are pro-thinned out the enterprises offer the following products:
- steel structural tubing shape of rectangular cross section dimensions from 15х10 to 180х150 mm at thickness of metal wall of 1-12 mm (the special sizes – products from 28х25 to 230х170 mm at thickness of wall from 1.5 to 20 mm);
- profile of square section with edge from 10 to 180 mm, wall thickness – from 1 to 14 mm (the special sizes – preparations from 32 to 65 mm from 4 to 6 mm thick);
- the steel round oval section having format from 6х3 to 90х50 mm and thickness of wall from 0.5 to 2.5 mm (the special sizes – preparations from 17х6.6 to 72х22 mm, wall thickness – from 1 to 1.7 mm).
Industrial development and agriculture, oil-extracting and construction spheres leads to expansion of range of shaped profile. The pipes having the section of polyhedron, bent rolling and thick-walled support with outside diameter up to 2520 mm are marketed (wall up to 75 mm).
Attention! The enterprises expand production of new forms of pipe, channel, beams and angle section. Before purchase it is important to specify range, the individual order is also possible.
The profile pipe applied in construction: sizes, tables
Each type of pipes, beams and profile is intended for definite purposes. Products with average thickness of wall from 8 to 12 mm are suitable for construction.
Profile pipes – universal metal rolling reckon with stiffening fins as the most demanded.
They are applied to construction:
- sports and playgrounds;
- sport centers and pools;
- barriers and fences;
- metalwork of frame type;
- canopies of various assignment;
- billboards and billboards;
- flagstaffs and towers;
- stops of city transport and so forth.
Each object requires certain profile. According to standardization of product are classified by form of section as “rectangle”, “square”, “oval” and “polygon”.
Standard dimensions of pipes in inches and millimeters, the table
Products of rectangular cross section correspond to such parameters:
- the weight of 1 m – from 0.348 to 55.71 kg;
- section – from 15х10 to 180х150 mm;
- pipe wall thickness – from 0.8 to 12.0 mm.
Profile of square section:
- the weight of 1 m – from 0.22 to 70.33 kg;
- section – from 10х10 to 180х180 mm;
- thickness of wall of steel pipe – from 0.8 to 14 mm.
Arch profile (pipe of oval section):
- the weight of 1 m – from 0.513 to 38.7 kg;
- section – from 6х3 to 72х22 mm;
- wall thickness – from 0.5 to 2.5 mm.
The following designations can occur in technical documentation:
- DIN/EN – eurorange of steel pipes according to DIN 2448 and DIN 2458;
- ISO – the standard of diameters of sanitary and engineering systems;
- The SMS – the Swedish standard of diameters of pipes and shutoff valves;
- DY – conditional pass.
If it is required to transfer the product size provided in millimeters to inches, size is rounded with great value. 1 inch (inch) contains 25.4 mm that gives the error when roundings considered upon purchase.
What sizes of profile pipe, types of processing of rolling happen
The following sizes are the most demanded (measured length up to 12 m and in pieces of multiple format):
- square pipes – section are from 15х15 to 60х60 mm;
- the rectangular profile – section is from 15х20 to 44х80 mm.
Steel pipes processings, profile on way, are mainly subdivided into such types:
- seamless cold deformed (cold-drawn and cold-rolled);
- hot formed seamless steel pipes (hot-rolled, hot-pressed and hot-forged);
- hot formed welded (longitudinal, spiral-seam);
- seamless (centrifugal, heatrolled and heatdrawn) products;
- longitudinal (electrowelded and welded);
- contracted, solder and oven welding of pipe;
- cold deformed (drawn and rolled);
- steel pipes with the processed surface;
- processed (polished and polished) products with metal and nonmetallic covering;
- nickelized and with corrosion-resistant coating.
Helpful advice! It is recommended to specify length of products (including profile pipe), the sizes and weight in tables.
Such key parameters of profile pipe are known:
- type of profile (geometrical form on cut);
- steel grade or other metal;
- pipe length;
- diameter of section (the sizes of pipes in inches and in millimeters);
- wall thickness;
- availability of seam;
- presence of additional treatment: galvanization, grinding, polishing and so forth.
Pipes with the processed cuts, with thread on one or both ends and other type of finishing of end faces are issued:
- the narrowed and beaded metal rods;
- bearing steel pipes;
- products with the landed ends and other types of processing.
In addition to rectangular and square designs, the sizes of pipes and their form can vary in limits:
- tear-shaped and polygonal rolling;
- oval and flat oval steel section.
Important! In difficult operating conditions (at high temperature) the high-pressure profile, besides tempered is applied.
Construction requirements: profile pipes, sizes of walls
Now furniture and construction profiles are the most demanded. Without them it is difficult to provide industrial, military and civil engineering.
These products are applied to production of such designs:
- constructions of frame type;
- ladders and steps;
- canopies and farms;
- racks and props;
- bridge columns;
- railway flights;
- warehouse and complexes in the field of logistics.
Helpful advice! It is not necessary to hurry to order big lot of products without specifications. It is recommended to find out previously all indicators of profile pipes to define its suitability for specific objectives.
Furniture preparations represent the nickelized or polished, oval or square profile. Most often they form from steel strips no more than 1.5 mm thick. It is caused by the need for light-weight constructions. Such parts are not expected the raised loading, they are subject to mechanical influences of destructive character.
As a rule, furniture preparations are thin-walled products of small length:
- parts of square section sizes from 10х10 to 30х30 mm;
- elements from 20х10 to 40х25 mm of a rectangular type;
- preparations of oval and flat oval type within format of 10х20 mm.
Furniture pro-thinned out production of pipes is issued according to specifications of the enterprises. High requirements are imposed to surface finish and geometry of pipes. Oval and flat oval profiles are esthetic, they have the smaller sizes. The price for meter of the profile pipes used for furniture production will be 10 times more the cost of other types of products of production of pipes.
Profile pipe: sizes and prices, assignment and functionality
Pipes of square section find application in the different industries, including release and mounting of metalwork for outside and internal use. On quality of surface do not impose special requirements to them. The profile of general purpose is issued on the basis of hot-rolled steel strips, thickness varies within 1.5-5 mm.
Are classified by functional features or the conditions of application of product on such types:
- metalprofile of the general and purpose;
- products for oil production, transportation of gas and geological exploration;
- boring and upsetting equipment;
- compressor and pumping equipment;
- water pipes;
- heat-resistant steel articles for boiler houses;
- chemical equipment;
- large highways;
- steel poles with stiffening fins for construction;
- strong products of universal purpose.
Important! For the purpose of improvement of quality or decrease in cost value of products at the request of the customer it is possible to vary technology and to change steel grade.
Application of rolling is widespread in mechanical engineering and construction, agriculture, in the systems of communication and oil processing. All parameters, including length of pipes and wall thickness.
Length of pipe pieces, depending on assignment, varies ranging from 1 up to 12 m.
Properties of steel section for furniture production
Design properties of oval and square profile have been estimated by production of furniture. They were applied as frameworks and legs, the bases for folding beds and mechanisms for transformation of sofas. Profiles use and as auxiliary elements for forging and its imitation and also as decorative fragments. The main functions of the pro-thinned-out metal rolling – loadings and esthetics.
According to features of application of product are classified on 36 standard sizes.
Furniture pipes have small format:
- products of rectangular cross section vary ranging from 20х10 up to 40х25 mm;
- parts of square profile have the size no more than 30х30 mm.
Helpful advice! In addition to normal pipes, also bent preparations which are recommended to be ordered directly from the producer are widely used. The plasticity of metal gives the chance to bend steel pipe (the sizes any) under required corner, creating arch and other difficult designs.
Pricing mechanism: determination of weight of profile pipes
Thickness of wall of profile pipe, the sizes and weight (tables reflect also these indicators) are important for determination of mass of finished products. Most the enterprises and scrap metal dealers, offering goods, specify the price not for running meter, and for ton. Are included all labor costs in the price of ready party. In warehouses of pipe do not weigh – the theoretical weight of products is considered.
Due to the big range of products it is difficult to answer question of that how many 1 running meter of profile pipe weighs. This indicator is influenced by length and thickness of wall – the geometry at the same time is secondary. There are special computer programs calculators (“The metal calculator”, the “Metal rolling ranges”) helping to calculate the cost of pipes of the specified size. Different indicators, including tube thickness of profile (stainless steel) are brought in them, the sizes – and metal prices are defined proceeding from these data.
Calculations are also made on the special formulas allowing to calculate the weight of sheet rolling from which the profile is released. Length of development of rectangle or square pipe, the sizes on perimeter in meters is considered. This indicator is multiplied by wall thickness (in mm) and the specific weight of steel (for example, 7.85 gr/dm ³). These are the indicative recommendations helping to learn the weight of 1 running meter of profile of the specified section.
Form of delivery of profile – pack, sheaf, box, cars of different weight, mainly from 1 to 5 t. Shipment is carried out by the crane and auto-loaders, transportation is carried out by trucks, water and railway transport.
Thanks to the wide range and size range profile pipes apply in different spheres of construction, furniture production, agriculture, mechanical engineering and also in the systems of oil processing. Because of universality of profile steel pipes demand for these products quickly increases. In this regard products range and also dimensional ruler constantly extends.