Table of Contents
Brick – one of the most popular types of construction materials which is actively used around the world. It is reliable, long-lasting, simple in production and laying and also costs rather not much. There is large number of kinds of brick, but lime sand brick enjoys the greatest popularity recently. The sizes of lime sand brick and other its characteristics are of great importance therefore we will in details consider them below.
For what the lime sand brick, the size of lime sand brick is used
Any brick for 90% consists of quartz sand, and other weight is made by lime and different additives. All this is pressed by dry method, burns, briquettes of the correct geometrical form as a result turn out. The sizes of the silicate block, as well as any other, are universal and are 250×120×65 mm. Also there is so-called one-and-a-half brick which thickness is 88 mm.
The lime sand brick differs from other types in what is made on special technology which means autoclave processing by hot steam by high pressure. Temperature of steam can be up to 200 degrees, and pressure – 12 atmospheres. As a result of such processing of molecule of lime and sand are strongly linked with each other because of what the lime sand brick is characterized by the increased strength characteristics.
The sizes of one-and-a-half lime sand brick, as well as normal, allow to use it for performance of wide range of tasks. So, it is applied at construction of low-rise buildings, finishings of facades, constructions of interroom partitions. And here the lime sand brick is not suitable for construction of high-rise buildings.
Helpful advice! You should not use lime sand brick for construction of designs which are going to be subjected to influence of high temperatures, for example, of fireplaces and furnaces. Under the influence of temperature over 200 degrees the brick can burst or blow up.
Utilization properties of lime sand brick do it by excellent material for facing of facades. It can be white or painted practically in any color that opens broad lands for design imagination.
Advantages and shortcomings of lime sand brick
Each brand of lime sand brick differs from another on durability.
But, besides, any brick has the following advantages:
- simplicity in laying – it is also simple to lay wall or other design from this material as well as from any other type of brick, for this purpose it is not necessary to have specialized engineering skills or tools. The only difference is bigger weight of lime sand bricks 250×120×88 in comparison with other one-and-a-half bricks;
- the increased material durability – in comparison with ceramic, strength characteristics of lime sand brick is one and a half times higher. It positively affects quality and reliability of the built construction;
- high rates of sound insulation – the lime sand brick is excellent soundproof material and will reliably protect the room from external noise. It does it by the good choice for construction of partitions in multifamily houses;
- the democratic price – if to ask question of that, how much are lime sand bricks, then the answer will please even the most skeptically adjusted buyer. The price is usually lower, than at ceramic for 20-30%. It is caused by the fact that on its production the smaller amount of time and energy is required much;
- presentable exterior – color lime sand bricks perfectly will be suitable for external finishing work. Besides, they can brag of smooth surface and equal form therefore the facade from lime sand brick does not need additional treatment, for example, in plastering;
- ecological security – lime sand brick is made of environmentally friendly materials, and on its surface the mold or fungus is not formed.
Thus, it is visible that the lime sand brick is very good choice for your construction. Photos of lime sand brick show its presentable exterior, and responses of specialists confirm excellent utilization properties. This material is used on buildings around the world not the first year, but its popularity constantly grows that demonstrates high quality and reliability.
Helpful advice! The answer to question, how many lime sand bricks in 1 m² depends on that, one-and-a-half or normal it is blocks. Therefore asking such question to the seller, surely specify product dimensions.
The lime sand brick is the construction material which is not deprived of shortcomings.
It also has number of weaknesses about which it is important to know:
- low indicators of frost resistance – if you build the house of lime sand brick that consider that it should be warmed in addition. What size of lime sand brick you would not choose, its structure is very susceptible to low temperatures and also can suffer in cold season because of moisture pick-up;
- rather low heat insulation – lime sand brick copes with sound insulation well, and here heat detains not very well. Therefore regardless of that how many lime sand bricks in 1 m³ layings, you all the same should warm in addition house walls from this material;
- big weight is and plus, and minus material at the same time. The weight of one-and-a-half lime sand bricks, as well as normal, positively affects strength characteristics of construction, but causes number of inconveniences when transporting and laying material;
- the unfitness for construction of separate types of constructions – is not recommended to build multi-storey buildings and also furnaces, fireplaces and flues, that is designs which can be affected by high temperatures of lime sand brick.
The disputed issue is moisture absorption of material. The moisture pick-up up to 6% is allowed. At the same time the speed of absorption of moisture at silicate product is lower, than at ceramic. Therefore how many lime sand bricks in 1 m³ layings were, it will better resist moisture, than the same laying from ceramic brick.
At all these shortcomings positive sides, for example piece prices of lime sand brick, outweigh them. For this reason this material enjoys such popularity in many countries of the world.
Types and weight of lime sand bricks
Before building design from material, it is worth deciding on its type. It has been already told that the lime sand brick can be standard or one-and-a-half. Its weight, respectively, will be lower or higher.
Besides, there are following types:
- porous brick;
- brick with the chopped-off invoice;
- the constructional brick – is subject to obligatory facing;
- slag and cindery;
- color brick;
- the front brick – combines properties constructional and facing.
Besides, distinguish hollow and corpulent brick. Blocks of the first type, apparently from the name, have emptiness. It reduces the weight of the block and influences its such parameters as heat conductivity and sound insulation. The corpulent brick weighs more, but also can brag of bigger durability.
Each of these types of material is intended for specific construction jobs. Regardless of that how many brick in pack of lime sand brick, each of types has the characteristics therefore it is worth choosing proceeding from specifics of your construction. The size of lime sand brick is also of great importance.
For example, if you build low-rise building, then for these purposes it is better to use one-and-a-half or even double block. It will reduce financial costs on material, at the same time will improve exterior of object. It is logical that it is better to revet facades with smooth and color brick. The last also well is suitable for construction of external walls.
Outer lining of construction smooth lime sand brick of different type is good the fact that you will not be needs additional finishing. It will help to save not only time for construction, but your finance.
Nuances of laying of lime sand brick
As it has been already told, neither special construction skills, nor specialized tools will be necessary for you for laying of brick. To be necessary only the normal construction level, tape measure, trowel, plumb, blade for solution supply, the hammer for roughing down and alignment of blocks and also container for cement slurry.
Helpful advice! Before stacking lime sand brick, it is desirable to soak it in water that then it did not absorb moisture from solution.
At first it is worth deciding on that how many lime sand bricks in pallet. Then it is necessary to begin laying. It is the best of all to do it from the angles of construction between which it is necessary to pull cord. Under this cord all brick row therefore this moment should pay special attention will keep within afterwards. Longitudinal, transverse and vertical joints without fail tie with steel wire through each 2-3 rows.
There are two main methods of laying of lime sand brick. The first with use of rigid solution and full filling of all seams with it. Such method takes more time, but guarantees high strength and reliability of construction. The main thing at the same time – not to forget about insertion of seams.
The method “end-to-end” means partial filling of seams with use of plastic solution. Such way quicker, but less qualitative therefore the received design is recommended to be strengthened in addition plaster. Seams need to be processed that cracks were not formed.
Laying of lime sand brick is made quickly enough if you already have certain skills in this case. Numerous videos and photo of the instruction on the Internet will help you to gain the necessary knowledge in easy and available form. In the same place it is possible to learn how many lime sand bricks of this or that type from them it is better for them to use for specific works what composition of solution is suitable for laying and other important information better weigh.
General councils for work with lime sand brick
There is number of the general moments which need to be known for effective use of such construction material as lime sand brick:
- out of the question about use of material for construction of the base and socle of the building. The main obstacle to it is the increased moisture absorption;
- walls from material, regardless of the size of lime sand brick standard or one-and-a-half, should be warmed in addition. Alternative option – to make thicker walls, but warming easier more economically;
- optimal variant of construction – combination of normal and lime sand brick. In some moments it is quite possible to manage cheaper types of building materials;
- best of all the lime sand brick is suitable for construction of internal partitions and walls. The sizes of lime sand brick one-and-a-half also not bad will be suitable for outer lining of facades;
- to choose color, the size and type of lime sand brick it is necessary only after you have decided on that, material will be used where exactly. If you badly understand question, then it is better to ask for the help the experienced specialist.
Helpful advice! The lime sand brick a little in what differs from normal, so far as concerns its laying. Therefore it is possible to use safely the same tools and technologies taking into account the stated above features of material.
Following the results of, one may say, what the house from lime sand brick is very favorable and reasonable decision. However, you should not use thoughtlessly material for construction of all elements and designs, it is necessary to weigh carefully everything for and having forgiven, to acquire recommendations about the choice, work and laying. At competent approach to construction, the house from lime sand brick will stay for many years, and its repair and reconstruction will be necessary very at a distant day.