Table of Contents
Any models of heating systems, in the course of improvement, undergo changes. Outdated types are replaced new, having the most progressive characteristics. Reconstruction, mainly, pursues the aim to provide the greatest operational comfort with the smallest expenses. Without basic change of heatgeneration, new models are deprived of shortcomings of the previous devices during which development were not yet such materials and production techniques which the modern industry has.
Within this material the electric convector of new generation – warm plinth in which the same principle of generation of heat energy, but in new configuration is implemented will be considered; process of independent mounting is in detail painted.
What is thermoplinth?
We refer the thermoplinth system (warm plinth) to category of the most modern as this model as much as possible conforms to the natural requirement of the person to make the house comfortable, beautiful and energy efficient.
This heating services has several names: thermoplinth, the convector of baseboard type, the baseboard heater and the heating-up plinth. The model has passed successful test in many foreign countries, and now becomes very popular and at us.
It is recognized that this heating system is 20-30% more effective, than the model completed with normal radiators. Economy of energy costs happens thanks to the fact that, during the operation of the baseboard heater the feeling of comfort is reached at lower indoor temperatures (approximately on 30C). It happens because of evenly present heat on all volume of the room. 1 degree of heat is equal to 7% of economy therefore about 20% as a result turn out. Also economy is provided at the expense of exception of heatlosses thanks to availability of the warm screen on perimeter of all volume, warm air does not accumulate under ceiling therefore when airing there are no heatlosses, and these are another 15%.
The baseboard heater represents itself complex which basis the principle of uniform distribution of heat energy on all perimeter of the serviced room is. There is it as follows:
- floor and the lower space of the room gets warm;
- baseboard heating forms the veil from warm air passing along walls and air begins to circulate;
- air, gradually and smoothly mixing up in all volume, reaches comfortable indicator of temperature;
- distribution of heat happens in such a way that all surfaces deeply get warm and begin to give heat to the room;
- the set temperature is maintained constantly thanks to the temperature regulators entering this heating complex.
The thermoplinth is comparable with the “heat-insulated floor” system, but differs in smaller thermal inertness and bigger sensitivity to the teams of temperature regulator which are the controller or the thermostat and the timer.
The baseboard heater consists of two main components:
- Electroconvector (heat source) in the protective body;
- The body supplied with elements of communication and feature connectors.
The electroconvector (the heat-exchanging module) consists of two copper pipes with brass finning. Among themselves pipes connect by means of copper soldering or by means of blooming nuts. The T-joint is carried out by special rotary polyethylene or copper pipes.
The folding body is manufactured of the extruded aluminum shape, due to design features of this material return of heat happens evenly on all extent of system.
The convector of baseboard type can be completed with temperature regulators of different level of complexity:
- simple: thermostats and switches;
- average complexity: electronic multipoint thermostats and switching devices;
- advanced: microprocessor system, including the most complex systems the smart home.
Models differ in form, color, the section size which can be from 10 to 25 cm.
Features of mounting
The thermoplinth can be mounted on any firm surface: concrete, brick, tree, gypsum cardboard. It is established on room perimeter over the existing floor plinth or instead of it fastens to wall.
The only restriction at arrangement of furniture and home decoration is need to leave air vents of heating complex not conspirational, i.e. they have to be completely open. It will allow system to work in standard duty effectively and will protect it from damage.
Portable sensors of management are mounted at the level of eyes that provides the most comfortable operation of system.
Depending on objective, the warm plinth can be used as the main or additional heating services. Work of the baseboard heater can be carried out from different energy sources, it is compatible to any boiler equipment. By means of this complex heating from the centralized system or from the independent boiler running on gas, solid fuel, fuel oil, electric, solar or geothermal power can be organized.
As the heat carrier in complex water or the electric power which is pumped on underwater pipes from the supply collector which is completed with automatic airbranch valves, flowmeters, drain and gate-type cocks is used.
- Durability as in system completely there is no corrosion thanks to use of high-quality materials (aluminum, copper).
- Provides the high level of operational comfort because air temperature is equally distributed on all volume and is identical on border of floor and ceiling. Even at the time of airing there is no sharp temperature variation. The microclimate indoors manages to be regulated in such a way that the level of humidity is always optimum. Beam heat interferes with overdrying of air and education in dust air. Tempering excludes formation of harmful bacteria that does internal air clean and safe. If desired, in each room it is possible to establish the necessary air temperature and to execute automatic system of regulation.
- Safety of operation of thermoplinth is ensured because elements do not heat up higher than 700, it is not required. Besides, the complex is equipped with the system of sensors controllers, if desired, can be equipped with signaling devices. The heating-up plinth does not spoil furniture and other delicate home decoration. Along walls without fear it is possible to have even musical instruments, antiques, electronics and household appliances, to hang up long portieres.
- The long term of operation of the building without the need for repair is provided due to tempering of buildings (heating of cold surfaces), designs are not affected by mold and fungus.
- The warm plinth is economic thanks to lack of significant heatlosses in the system, losses are only 5 degrees. And in radiators, for example, this indicator equals to 20 degrees. For filling of plinth with water, the carrier it is required twice less, than systems with use of radiators, energy needs also twice less. Electric plinths are also more economic, than other types of electric heaters. For example, the oil heater which power of one section is 190 W spends for the work of the electric power for 35% more, than thermoplinth.
- Simple mounting of complex from warm baseboard panels does not assume serious reconstruction of the room, it is possible not to dismantle the existing plinth even. In this respect the thermoplinth exceeds the “heat-insulated floor” system and infrared ceiling films.
- The possibility of numerous dismantling does such complex very practical.
- The graceful, stylized under normal plinth heaters, being interior subject, can easily solve complex problems of space registration. They are issued in various color gamma.
The warm plinth is ideal for heat supply of the newly-built house as it effectively copes with heating of crude surfaces. For angular, edge rooms, rooms with difficult configuration of perimeter it is just find. Application of termoplinus in in rooms with high ceilings and where there is no isolation of air volumes between floors is especially relevant. It does not have alternative in the solution of question of heating of non-standard apartments with panoramic windows, socles, loggias, the warmed balconies, winter gardens, greenhouses, etc. To it just is not present equal in elimination of problem of formation of the condensate which is the reason of formation of dampness, emergence of mold and fungus.
Independent mounting of the “warm plinth” complex
Installation of system does not demand serious skills wiring and repair construction jobs. All responsible component parts are covered by the strong body steady against operational loadings and mechanical influences during assembly time due to application in production of casing of powder and polymeric technology. It is recommended to establish thermoplinth along walls, the contour can be not closed, i.e. it is possible to establish complex only where it is necessary.
Before purchase of materials, it is necessary to decide on future model of heating: whether there will be it complex with use of working liquid (antifreeze, water). If as the heat carrier it is used liquids, then it is necessary to know whether the complex will be connected in the general system of heat supply or the organization of autonomous heating is necessary. The electric plinth requires reliable electrical wiring.
When determining quantitative need for panels, it is necessary to consider the power of each unit and required power of heating of the room. Requirement can be defined, having calculated possible heatlosses which consist of quality of heat insulation, purpose of the room, outside air temperatures.
To provide comfortable conditions in premises, in winter time it is necessary to spend 100 W for 1 sq.m. The smaller indicator of heatlosses demands installation of system of smaller power. A priori, costs of its acquisition and operation will be less. When providing sound heat insulation (high-quality isolation of walls, overlappings, cellar walls, hermetic windows, doors) winter most intense heating for the room of 10 sq.m with standard room height of 2.5 meters requires 0.5 kW of the electric power. It must be kept in mind at calculation of quantity of the necessary parts wall length taking into account expansion gap which is necessary for normal functioning of system.
Panels fasten to wall according to the plan of mounting in one row on two emphasis. The distance from floor has to be 1 cm, from wall of 15 cm, the gap provides the free movement of warm air and does not allow system to overheat.
Order of works
- By means of tape measure make wall marking, i.e. draw horizontal line in 1 cm from floor surface.
- Make marking of openings under drilling of openings, having put the back panel of plinth to wall.
- Having drilled in the planned opening points drill of the necessary diameter on dowel depth, insert dowels.
- Similarly make marking under all panels and fix them to wall.
- Having established consistently all plinths, make mounting of the feeding crossing points.
- After mounting of all system, put on front covers, end plugs and sutural connectors. If the cover is insufficiently densely fixed, bottom edges of back basis are recommended to be turned in.
- Hold events for grounding.
No more than 17 modules in one complex with the 200 W loop are admissible connection. Restriction is connected with that, in cavity of design the cable with a section of 2.5 mm2 is laid.
The temperature regulator has to be openly, on internal cozy wall where there are no drafts. This condition needs to be met to provide the sensor with reliable data. The device is installed approximately at the level of eyes or near switches and sockets that it did not hinder at arrangement of home decoration, the equipment and furniture. It has to be from the panel at distance not closer than 2 meters.
Mounting of temperature regulator consists in opening marking under drilling and installations of dowel. For this purpose put the back panel of the device to wall and by pencil or pricker do mark. Having fixed the back panel of the device, connect it and close cover. After that it is necessary to carry out inspection of reaction of temperature regulator.
Mounting of cable
Cable laying needs to be carried out according to the scheme attached to set and to apply only the cables recommended by the producer of plinth. Places of fastening of cable to the panel are designated in the bottom right corner or on the panel.
All mounting wires can be placed on one side of the room, having carried out parallel connection. Cables can be laid, both it is hidden (in wall), and opened in cable channels. Connection is made by means of temperature regulator or distribution box.
For the purpose of safety it is recommended to install the differential automatic machine: device of protective shutdown (DPS).
After connection of cable to plinth, it is necessary to connect temperature regulator to the power supply network. The scheme of connection is present at the passport of product.
After completion of all installation works, it is necessary to make trial start-up of system in work according to the recommendations of the producer. Special attention needs to be paid on compliance of indicator of temperature of heating coils to the parameters guaranteed by the producer.